iOS Question Problems with

davemorris

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi Guys
Got a problem when I attempt install my App on an old phone ( a 4S running iOS v9.3.6) - it installs but I only get a blank screen when it runs. The App has been compiled with B4i 6.80.
Tried searching the Forum with "iOS old versions" but and "iOS 9" without success - I would be grateful for any pointers below is an extract from my project attributes of that helps.

Project Attributes:
    #iPhoneOrientations: Portrait
    #iPadOrientations: Portrait
    #Target: iPhone, iPad
    #ATSEnabled: True
    #MinVersion: 7
    #PlistExtra: <key>UIFileSharingEnabled</key><true/>
    '
    '

Thanks for any help - or is the phone just too old!

Dave Morris

davemorris

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi Erel
Create a new project and run it. Does it work?

That is a bit difficult - its not my phone so I can't setup the IDE to load a project directly - its just a customer attempting to load it on an old phone.

I can certainly can create a new test project but how do I load it on their phone for them to try?

Kind regards
Dave Morris

Upvote 0

davemorris

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi Erel
Thanks for the response - looks like I need to get my hands on this phone and set it up so I can use the IDE.

We know our app runs on iOS 13 and 14 with no reported problems. However, when the same App was loaded on this old phone it did not report any problems except the blank screen.

Apart from finding some old phones running iOS 12 and earlier, is there a simple way to test what versions of iOS an APP will run on?

Kind regards
Dave Morris

Upvote 0