Android Question Process timeout before the IDE's set time - What can you make out of this video? Bug or something I have done?

hatzisn

Licensed User
Longtime User
Where it says app installed successfully the app has not uploaded to B4A bridge yet. The uploading bar is filled not even by the quorter of its size. Watch maximized. The phone is Samsung A41 - Android 12.

hatzisn

Licensed User
Longtime User
I have checked if it has to do anything with the Android security dialogs ("...install anyway?" etc) that appear but nothing has to do with it.

Upvote 0

agraham

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
The 'app installed' message before upload is complete seems to be normal. It has done this for as long as I can remember.

As far as the timeout is concerned I guess you are saying that the debug mode doesn't wait for the full time specified before giving up, in this case about 95 seconds instead of 300. I can't comment on that as I rarely use debug mode.

Upvote 0

Spavlyuk

Licensed User
The debugger connection timeout doesn't have a configuration value as far as I know and is 60s. Process Timeout is used at some other part(s) of the build, possibly when compiling Java code or a #CustomBuildAction is executed. How big is the resulting apk? Maybe you can use USB debugging if Wifi is slow.

Upvote 0

agraham

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
These threads seems to imply that the process timeout sets the time that the debugger waits.

Upvote 0

Spavlyuk

Licensed User
I may be wrong but I've always had the same experience as show in the video, debugger never waits longer than 60s. I believe I've only encountered a Process Timeout error when using a #CustomBuildAction that took a long time.

Upvote 0

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
The 'app installed' message before upload is complete seems to be normal. It has done this for as long as I can remember.
This is indeed the case when installing with B4A-Bridge.

The debugger waits for 60 seconds.
How large is the APK? The "copying libraries resources" step takes very long.

Upvote 0

hatzisn

Licensed User
Longtime User
This is indeed the case when installing with B4A-Bridge.

The debugger waits for 60 seconds.
How large is the APK? The "copying libraries resources" step takes very long.

Both debug and release versions are around 22MB. Maybe this is also a good upgrade for B4A - set debugger timeout. I am opening a request in the proper forum.

Upvote 0