Android Question B4A Bridge 2.12 not working on some apps (B4A5.02)

goldmagnet

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hello

I have been working on an app for about 3 months and just recently it will no longer deploy with b4a bridge. Other apps I am writing do deploy to devices but this project now will not. All looks OK and the IDE seems to think its OK but the device does nothing then after exactly 60 seconds both the IDE and the bridge screen on the device show a disconnection and an immediate reconnect.

The APK is fine.

Any ideas ?

Huw

goldmagnet

Licensed User
Longtime User
Yes I have done that, I have also rebooted both the devices and the PC running the IDE. There are no crashed instances of the IDE or designer. If I use just the USB connection everything is fine. Happens on new android devices as well, this certainly appears to be a bug why is it now moved to questions ?

To recap the same APK runs fine when manually copied, a different project will deploy on the same device, direct connection with USB also works. I have tried on a virgin android device and see the same results.

I searched the forum before I reported this, and found a thread where the same thing has been reported but also has not yet been resolved.

Huw

Upvote 0

goldmagnet

Licensed User
Longtime User
As I need to get on I restored the project back 1 day and tried again, it now works fine, nothing else changed.

I am now adding the code again and testing as I go.

Huw

Upvote 0

goldmagnet

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi Erel

I copied the APK from the objects folder to the same device and ran it from the file manager of the device, it installed fine. As I mentioned it also works fine with the USB cable connection, so the only difference I can see is the bridge, by pass the bridge and it all works ?

Upvote 0

goldmagnet

Licensed User
Longtime User
The size of the APK is 16 megabytes (plenty of free space on test devices). There are no relevant entries in the log (unfiltered) and the project compiled fine, the only clues I can find:

1. The 60 second delay after compiling when other bridge and IDE show a disconnect then a reconnect, that was consistent.
2. Reverting the code to a version from yesterday morning allowed everything to function as normal (reverting to a backup of the code was the only change).
3. Other projects deployed to the device fine, at the same time as the issue with this project.
4. The last code change was to delete a section of code that referenced files included in the project, I removed the code and the files, complied and the issue started.

As I mentioned reverting to the backup has stopped the issue occurring, and I have since put back most of the code and no further issues.

Upvote 0