Project EndsMeet will be continued but...

aeric

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I have mentioned that I want to build a web application framework, call EndsMeet.

Why this project emerged?
I want to create something that others will feel happy and enjoy to use, making people life easy. Take it as a learning tool, to become a full stack developer. Since many other programming languages have their own web frameworks, B4X also deserve to have one or a few. My intention is not to create the best framework, but at least will inspire more people to create more web frameworks in the future. Then I may use other people creation if they are better than mine.

Why the name?
Definition of make ends meet
earn just enough money to live on
I, am like many others, still struggling to make ends meet. Every day's life is not easy. Prices of food and cost of living have raised a lot. Our currency has dropped to historically low.
Meanwhile the framework, is going to make both the front and back ends meet to become a full web application. Hopefully, everyone will no longer need to worry about difficult life.

Why another framework?
There are already some web frameworks made for B4X. Each of them has it's own strength. Some developers are coming from another language like JavaScript or PHP. Maybe they are only familiar with front-end or just back-end. If you are either one, and just discovered about B4X, it will be a good start to use a framework which has the familiar style that separate front-end and back-end. This will also benefit a team of front-end and back-end developers. This is the concept of MVC and I think it is good.

Why this idea postponed?
Initially I was planning to use FreeMarker which was introduced by @EnriqueGonzalez. But this library requires a bit of learning curve.
Recently, @teddybear has created a great template engine. It has inspired me to create my own version. Thus, in project EndsMeet, I am going to implement my own templating engine.

But...
This project is not yet kick off.

In the past, I have provided many source code for free. I don't get any donation from these projects. I think it is time for me to make a paid project. Price, I have not yet decided.

What it is going to be?
For starting, I will bring back the Blog system if anyone has seen before in Web API Template 2 beta 4. I will try to continue to develop it to become something like a CMS system.
Then it can become a multi-purpose web application that you can imagine.

:) Please give your comments and suggestions.

Last edited:

aeric

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Trying with DataTables

1690470604437.png