Share My Creation Project Runner. Integrated Development Environment for apps that use sqlite database.

Project Runner is a non-code tool for developing Android apps using SQLite. This tool can work without an Internet connection.

This application provides an intuitive user interface for creating and updating SQLite databases, adding and editing tables, defining and managing relationships between tables, and performing SQL queries.

It also offers a set of facilities to design Menus, Browsers, Edit Forms, Charts, Processes, and allows you to export the entire project created to an Android compatible format.

This application is an excellent tool for Android developers who want to create database-driven applications without having to write code.
With this application you can:

1) Create, design and manage SQLite databases.

2) Create and design:
- Multifunctional browsers of tables and views.
- Data editing forms with master-detail and media support. 39 different types of controls.
- Charts.
- Database processes.
- Access menus and final project presentation.

3) Develop in a short time from a prototype to a final distributable and customizable project.

4) Save hours of work in the realization of routine tasks, such as the design of data editing forms, browser design and administration of your SQLite databases.

The browsers have CRUD (Create, Read, Update & Delete) capabilities and the functions: Sort, Search, Filter, Import, Export, Calculate, Print.

Data editing forms can use up to 39 different types of controls (Example: Single Line, Date, Image, Combo Table, Scanner, etc.). They have the ability to connect to viewers, camera, scanner, devices and tables/views to extract information and place it in the form.

In this environment, several of the objects created can be connected to obtain others and increase their capabilities.
Project Runner is a practical and effective application that can be used to teach and disseminate SQL and SQLite. This application facilitates the learning of SQL programming languages with easy-to-use tools.

It comes with 3 model apps. You can download a complete pdf user manual from the app.

For more information http://www.sqliteprojects.com

Get it on Google Play
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.project.runner (Limited Free version)

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.project.runner.premium (Premium version)

Attachments

• b4xsharemycreation.jpg
    b4xsharemycreation.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 1,564
Last edited:

JohnJ

Licensed User
Longtime User
Project Runner is a non-code tool for developing Android apps using SQLite. This tool can work without an Internet connection.

This application provides an intuitive user interface for creating and updating SQLite databases, adding and editing tables, defining and managing relationships between tables, and performing SQL queries.

It also offers a set of facilities to design Menus, Browsers, Edit Forms, Charts, Processes, and allows you to export the entire project created to an Android compatible format.

This application is an excellent tool for Android developers who want to create database-driven applications without having to write code.
With this application you can:

1) Create, design and manage SQLite databases.

2) Create and design:
- Multifunctional browsers of tables and views.
- Data editing forms with master-detail and media support. 39 different types of controls.
- Charts.
- Database processes.
- Access menus and final project presentation.

3) Develop in a short time from a prototype to a final distributable and customizable project.

4) Save hours of work in the realization of routine tasks, such as the design of data editing forms, browser design and administration of your SQLite databases.

The browsers have CRUD (Create, Read, Update & Delete) capabilities and the functions: Sort, Search, Filter, Import, Export, Calculate, Print.

Data editing forms can use up to 39 different types of controls (Example: Single Line, Date, Image, Combo Table, Scanner, etc.). They have the ability to connect to viewers, camera, scanner, devices and tables/views to extract information and place it in the form.

In this environment, several of the objects created can be connected to obtain others and increase their capabilities.
Project Runner is a practical and effective application that can be used to teach and disseminate SQL and SQLite. This application facilitates the learning of SQL programming languages with easy-to-use tools.

It comes with 3 model apps. You can download a complete pdf user manual from the app.

For more information http://www.sqliteprojects.com

Get it on Google Play
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.project.runner (Limited Free version)

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.project.runner.premium (Premium version)

Nice, I had planned on doing something like this but it slipped my mind. I don't think it would have been as complete as this.
I did notice some issues on some screens for the free version. I'm attaching an example. My phone is a Pixel 6 Pro.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230826-091903.png
    Screenshot_20230826-091903.png
    265.2 KB · Views: 87
Thank you JhonJ, the issue you indicate can be solved by adjusting the size of the text in the phone settings. The recommended size is 3 on a scale of 6.
Settings - Display - text size.

Thank you for your question, it allows me to clarify several points about this platform.
Project Runner does not generate code.
It is a parameterizable engine that interprets definitions of objects that operate on a sqlite database. These objects in turn reside in another database.
The objects are browsers, forms of edition, processes, graphics and other projects that use the elements of the DB as a data source. The conjunction of these objects form a project. Much of the app is built with the app itself, hence its small size (2.4 MB)
It can be integrated into a B4A app via intent where you can invoke the different objects from your app made with B4A .
The versions published on Google Play are closed, that is, they use Dirinternal which limits access to the DB by other apps, this prevents these versions from being easily integrated. The Pro version is open (access to all files) and allows full integration with your app. This version is in test and will be out soon but not on Google Play. I invite you to download the app for free and view the 50-page PDF manual.

dw_b4x

I took a quick glance of your project. Very professional.
Question.. I really liked the look of your forms.
What controls did you use to create them -- ie edit fields,checkboxes.

Thank you for your time.

Hi, thank you very much for your opinion, the app uses all the edit controls that B4A offers like
edit, label, radio, spinner, seek bar and that can be placed in the form at run time.
There are also new controls that are obtained from the basic ones (ex: multi check box, multi radio button table, etc),
with this technique I obtained 39 different controls, these are well documented in the user's manual.

The theme used in the manifest is:
SetApplicationAttribute(android:theme, "@android:style/Theme.Material.Light.DarkActionBar")

Controls like edit, spinner are transformed depending on the parameters used in the object definition, in a very simple way:

Dim ebk As ColorDrawable ebk.Initialize2(edittextbackcolor,editradius,1dip,editcolor).
xcontrol.Background=ebk

Greetings