iOS Question Publish in appstore (solve)

Carlos marin

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi all, I am trying to publish a food app in appstore but they have rejected it twice, I would like to know if there are any tips or points to keep in mind or a guide to not make mistakes

walterf25

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi all, I am trying to publish a food app in appstore but they have rejected it twice, I would like to know if there are any tips or points to keep in mind or a guide to not make mistakes
What is the reason they have rejected it?

Walter

Upvote 0

Carlos marin

Licensed User
Longtime User
What is the reason they have rejected it?

Walter
hi walter thanks for answering
in the first point they say that I don't have a session but if I have it,
the other point that I put to watch videos of designs is an answer too broad not that what problem is with my app

apple answer:
Guideline 4.0 - Design We notice a problem in your application that contributes to a lower quality user experience than Apple users expect: - Your application does not provide a login option for registered users. Users must register each time they need to use their application. Next steps To resolve this problem, review your application to address all instances of this type of problem. Means For information on how to improve and improve your application: - Watch the video The ingredients of the great applications to understand the basics of the best applications. - Watch the iPhone and iPad user interface design video for practical design tips. - Watch iOS development videos to learn about programming and design tips. - Review the guidelines of the iOS human interface and ensure that the interface and design of your application comply with these guidelines.

upload_2019-10-20_21-47-42.png

Attachments

• upload_2019-10-20_21-46-26.png
    upload_2019-10-20_21-46-26.png
    402.9 KB · Views: 212
Upvote 0

Carlos marin

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi Erel, thanks for answering,
The user only registers once. I have tried to explain that it is so. we need to register because the app makes purchases

Upvote 0

emexes

Expert
Licensed User
Hey Carlos,

YOU ARE NOT ALONE :)

I think Apple does this to everybody. Probably they have many scammers banging on their front door, and so until we prove we are legitimate, they assume the worst. I have never managed to have an app accepted on the first try. But once an app has ticked all the boxes of their submission test checklist, and they can see that we are not scammers, then things are easier from then on.

In one case, for a Bluetooth app that they could not test because they did not have the corresponding BLE device, I had to make a video of the app being used, which was a bit of a pain because it required a truck and trailer to demonstrate it properly, and I do not own either of those. But now that they have seen the app in use, and I include a link to that video each time a submit an update, it is all good, eg:

upload_2019-10-22_7-56-27.png

In all cases where I've received a rejection, I just make the suggested change as best I can, and then in the next submission, I include in that notes area (i) a one-sentence copy of the rejection, and (ii) what I have done to fix it.

In your case, I think what is happening is:

The envelope icon on the Ingresar (Login?) button makes it look like pressing that button will involve email. Registration usually involves a confirmation email. So that icon makes the button look more like a registration button than a login button.

Perhaps change the icon to something that symbolizes a connection, eg a chain link or a handshake or a radio signal.

Even better, when the login is successful, change the icon to something that shows their is a connection, or perhaps to a (green?) tick icon. And write about this in the notes section of the submission, so that Apple can see that you are working with them to make the app as user-friendly as possible.

The submission process is a pain, especially the first time. Freaked me out a bit. Best advice I have is: Stay cheerful, and jump the hurdles one at a time.

:)

Upvote 0

Carlos marin

Licensed User
Longtime User
Thanks emexes, I really thought it was just me that this was happening to me, because I posted on android and the difference is abysmal

Hey Carlos,

YOU ARE NOT ALONE :)

I think Apple does this to everybody. Probably they have many scammers banging on their front door, and so until we prove we are legitimate, they assume the worst. I have never managed to have an app accepted on the first try. But once an app has ticked all the boxes of their submission test checklist, and they can see that we are not scammers, then things are easier from then on.

In one case, for a Bluetooth app that they could not test because they did not have the corresponding BLE device, I had to make a video of the app being used, which was a bit of a pain because it required a truck and trailer to demonstrate it properly, and I do not own either of those. But now that they have seen the app in use, and I include a link to that video each time a submit an update, it is all good, eg:

View attachment 84852

In all cases where I've received a rejection, I just make the suggested change as best I can, and then in the next submission, I include in that notes area (i) a one-sentence copy of the rejection, and (ii) what I have done to fix it.

In your case, I think what is happening is:

The envelope icon on the Ingresar (Login?) button makes it look like pressing that button will involve email. Registration usually involves a confirmation email. So that icon makes the button look more like a registration button than a login button.

Perhaps change the icon to something that symbolizes a connection, eg a chain link or a handshake or a radio signal.

Even better, when the login is successful, change the icon to something that shows their is a connection, or perhaps to a (green?) tick icon. And write about this in the notes section of the submission, so that Apple can see that you are working with them to make the app as user-friendly as possible.

The submission process is a pain, especially the first time. Freaked me out a bit. Best advice I have is: Stay cheerful, and jump the hurdles one at a time.

:)

Upvote 0

aeric

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
May be you need to store the registered user info inside a sqlite db or kvs and hide the register button after the user has registered. Show a login button instead if the user need to login.

Upvote 0

Carlos marin

Licensed User
Longtime User
hi aeric, Thanks for answering, I do that. Even if it is already registered the user enters the direct menu. I would like to know if there are other specific points that they have in mind when reviewing an App

Upvote 0

aeric

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
You can try add a button to “skip login/register” and let first time user to use the app as a guess and limit his access. When user want to make purchase then only navigate to login/register.

Upvote 0

Markos

Licensed User
Longtime User
hi aeric, Thanks for answering, I do that. Even if it is already registered the user enters the direct menu. I would like to know if there are other specific points that they have in mind when reviewing an App
Do ensure you dont allow the user to navigate until registered or logged back in.
Also any cryptic message or label needs to be clear.
Apple does look at ease of use and how informative a workflow is. Remember not all users have your knowledge of the App so walk thru ur App festures to be idiot proof.

Upvote 0

Carlos marin

Licensed User
Longtime User
Do ensure you dont allow the user to navigate until registered or logged back in.
Also any cryptic message or label needs to be clear.
Apple does look at ease of use and how informative a workflow is. Remember not all users have your knowledge of the App so walk thru ur App festures to be idiot proof.
Thank you very much for the information Markos

Upvote 0

Shelby

Licensed User
I am under the impression that those of us who produce B4A apps don't have to pay again for any additional app's development through Google Play; is it the same here with B4i? Like, Carlos, I would like for my android app to be available to iPhone users. My next step is to adjust my B4A code for B4i if necessary.

Upvote 0

Markos

Licensed User
Longtime User
With the latest advancements in b4a & b4i designer the gui is easily miugrated I believe. Yes you will have to amend the code as the similar named functions may have different parameters or behave differently and in some cases the functions in b4a don't exist in b4i and you have to do a work around. Lastly yes there is an annual $99 fee annually to subscribe to be an Apple developer. You will have to search the forum for the well documented tutorials on how to publish for b4i Apps.

Before anyone says it you will have to create a new thread as your question is slightly off topic

Upvote 0

Shelby

Licensed User
Thanks Markos,
My only question was is it free like B4A. You clarified it, so thanks.

Upvote 0

Carlos marin

Licensed User
Longtime User
in my opinion it is much easier to program in b4i the bad thing is to publish in appstore, it is that problem! :eek:

Upvote 0

Carlos marin

Licensed User
Longtime User
Thank you all for your comments I finally approved the app, Thank you Erel for this amazing tool

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2019-11-07 at 6.28.27 AM.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2019-11-07 at 6.28.27 AM.jpeg
    61.7 KB · Views: 200
Upvote 0