Android Question Publish your app after 14 days. New google policy

mcqueccu

Licensed User
Longtime User
Since the inception of this new google Policy, has anyone published new application to the playstore with these requirements? How is the final approval process like?
Requirement
1: Upload to Closed Testing Track
2: Add 20 testers to test your app
3. Testing should be done for 14 days, then before you can APPLY for full publication.

1703265586616.png

RichardN

Licensed User
Longtime User
These changes will require developers with personal accounts created after November 13, 2023, to meet specific testing requirements
I guess this will not affect most users here.

It does make me wonder however, what has prompted Google to force this change upon newly registered users. Android had open-source at it's heart from the very beginning, but so much has changed in the last 10 years.

If any kid can pay to register as a developer and start unloading malware onto the market then this ecosystem becomes Cowboy country. We all complain about progressive Android limitations like file I/O limitations and privacy BS. However if the OS starts becoming synonymous with malware then Apple will have won. I already get twice as much revenue from Apple as I do from identical Android apps. Google are just introducing another layer of protection and protecting their future revenue.

Upvote 0

kisoft

Licensed User
Longtime User
I suspect that AI is already starting to generate applications for people who have no knowledge of programming.

Upvote 0