Android Question Purshase inApp 3 multiple devices

yfleury

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi all!

I have an application that contains 3 versions.
A demo version (free)
A basic version. ( low cost)
A pro version. (more expensive)

My consumers can have multiple devices. For each device, the customer can install one of the paid versions.

My question: For a google account, can I charge a version for each device or if the customer pays for a version and so be available for all devices?

Should I organize my app to pay for a version on each device?

Jack Cole

Licensed User
Longtime User
I think the license on Google is per user rather than per device. Users have access to all IAP's associated with the account they are using with the device.

I don't think there would be even a good way to implement charging them on each device.

What you can do is charge on each platform. For example, if you port the app to iOS, you can charge again there. You could also release the app on Amazon App store, and charge again by user.

Upvote 0

yfleury

Licensed User
Longtime User
I think the license on Google is per user rather than per device. Users have access to all IAP's associated with the account they are using with the device.

I don't think there would be even a good way to implement charging them on each device.
You are right Jack Cole. I tested it on other devices and I have access to a pro version.

So I have to manage for the customer to pay for each device. Because my app is for a business that uses multiple devices for a Google Account. I can not charge $ 100 for a company with 10 devices and the same price for another company with 100 devices. That's why I want to charge for each device.

The problem will be managing a refund for a customer who asks to disable the app for a device. However, the client can try my application, so I guess I can refuse a refund.

The question is whether I violate Google's policies.

Upvote 0

Jack Cole

Licensed User
Longtime User
That makes sense why you would want to do that.

I'm guessing it is probably ok to do it. Apps like Spotify use a payment system that isn't Google. You might download that app and look at their payment system for ideas.

There is some discussion here about ways you might be able to do it using Google's payment system (by using a consumable item). The downside seems to be that subscriptions wouldn't auto-renew. So, users would have to be prompted to manually renew each time.

Upvote 0

yfleury

Licensed User
Longtime User
Exactly, I'm starting to build a payment and consume solution for every device with google inapp3. For the annual renewal, the app will switch to demo mode. So the user will have to renew to continue using the app.

Upvote 0

Robert Valentino

Licensed User
Longtime User
My App is Device Specific. I use the Android ID and/or Device ID to determine what device is valid.

They purchase a InApp Purchase where I set the Developer Payload to (a Magic number based on AndroidID and DeviceID) and if the device you are running isn't that one the software will not work until you purchase device license for that device (the previous one is consumed).

This makes it that the user can only be using my APP on 1 device at a time.

NOTE: I do not tie the Subscriptions to a specifc. Once you have a valid device license all your subscriptions work fine.

I charge a $3.00 device license fee and the license is good until your device changes (like a reset or OS update, new device anything that causes your AndroidID or DeviceID to change)

Some of users make big bucks using my app (I have one in NY making about $300 a week).
But most users can usually pay for all their yearly subscriptions after one week.

Wish Google had a way (of selling device specific InApp product - rather then User product)

I have like 8 old devices and I can run software I purchased on all the devices with only paying for it once.
That's not right for these developers (or any developer) - very hard now a days to purchase software for your PC and run it on unlimited devices.

Why does Google allow this????

Just my 2 cents

BobVal

Upvote 0