Android Question Push & old app

fishwolf

Licensed User
Longtime User
I have notice that 2 my old apps never updated, today receive the push only if the app is in backbround, before work fine
It's changed something with android 7 or other?

Thanks

fishwolf

Licensed User
Longtime User
You shouldn't. The OS will consider it as a crash.

You need to find out why the OS rejects the launch of your app. Also make sure to do these tests in Release mode.
do you have any suggestions?

with google api emulator work fine

Upvote 0

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
Maybe your phone restricts other apps from receiving push messages. B4A implements push notifications in a standard way like all other Android apps. It is used by many developers successfully. Assuming that you are implementing it exactly like in the tutorial and sending with the B4J code then I don't see anything else that you can do. Sorry.

Upvote 0

fishwolf

Licensed User
Longtime User
Maybe your phone restricts other apps from receiving push messages. B4A implements push notifications in a standard way like all other Android apps. It is used by many developers successfully. Assuming that you are implementing it exactly like in the tutorial and sending with the B4J code then I don't see anything else that you can do. Sorry.

I have replace the firebase notification with a mqtt protocol for send simple string

the problem is the same, work fine with app in background and doesn't work when close the app.

the mqtt protocol and local notification is manage into a service, i suppose that the service doesn't run when the app is closed.

exist a mode for create a "true" service that is always in running?

Attachments

• mqtt.zip
    10.1 KB · Views: 175
Upvote 0