Share My Creation QR Code Generator

Hi,

I have a little app for creating QR Barcode offline.
It is based on the great library Zint.dll.
It is easy to use and sometimes helpful, if you need to create a QR Code without having an internet access.
It runs on Windows.

mhc

Attachments

• QR.zip
    279.7 KB · Views: 2,035
  • zint.zip
    287.7 KB · Views: 1,845

mhc

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi Kamac,

it is not creating a QR Code on the Android device.
It creates the QR Code on the Windows desktop.
If you want to provide your own Android app for downloading from your own homepage via QR Code you have to create a QR image.
Usually we can create one via internet.
But sometimes we are travelling - lets say in Germany, working in the hotel during the evening and there is no internet access. (Germany is very underdeveloped in this case :sign0137.
Regardless we want to finish our work. Therefor we have this little tool

The tool is a very simple Delphi prog, based on this library:
Zint Barcode Generator | Download Zint Barcode Generator software for free at SourceForge.net

cu

mhc

francoisg

Licensed User
Longtime User
Cool!
Can't we get a D4A (Delphi for Android - I would buy that in a second!!!) working the same way as B4A (translating to java etc)

I miss my Delphi! Or even C4A (C# for Android) - an no, Mono won't work (dependencies ...)

He, he, he ...

gma

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hello Guys,

i'm in the situation that I need QR code generation on the android device.
Is there any lib out there for me to do that?

Thanks,
Mark

mb1793

Licensed User
Longtime User
is there a way i could generate a qr barcode and pair it with an image i have stored in my data base ?

QLogic

Licensed User
Longtime User
How can I generate a QRcode from code? Thanks..

This....

And here is the reason, as I know some might wonder why would you need to generate a QR code on your phone. Keep in mind, Airline industries do this all the time for paperless entries.

Why do I need it? Because in my internal app, I need to generate a digital Business Card based on the sales rep that is using the app so they can send a digital copy to anyone that can read a QR code. I would use NFC, but of course not all phones have NFC.

Thanks.

alwaysbusy

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Yes @Johan Schoeman, this is so weird. I even developped the whole app on my nexus 7 tablet where it worked just fine, but once I put it on the play store, I even can't install it on the nexus because it's 'incompatible'. I thought it had something to do with the nexus not having a 'back' camera. In the app developer console there are no complains either after I added the drawable-hdpi folder. Maybe @Erel can shine some light on this?

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…