Share My Creation QR Code Generator

Hi,

I have a little app for creating QR Barcode offline.
It is based on the great library Zint.dll.
It is easy to use and sometimes helpful, if you need to create a QR Code without having an internet access.
It runs on Windows.

mhc

Attachments

• QR.zip
    279.7 KB · Views: 2,024
  • zint.zip
    287.7 KB · Views: 1,835

mhc

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi Kamac,

it is not creating a QR Code on the Android device.:eek:
It creates the QR Code on the Windows desktop.
If you want to provide your own Android app for downloading from your own homepage via QR Code you have to create a QR image.
Usually we can create one via internet.
But sometimes we are travelling - lets say in Germany, working in the hotel during the evening and there is no internet access. (Germany is very underdeveloped in this case :sign0137:).
Regardless we want to finish our work. Therefor we have this little tool ;)

The tool is a very simple Delphi prog, based on this library:
Zint Barcode Generator | Download Zint Barcode Generator software for free at SourceForge.net

cu

mhc

francoisg

Licensed User
Longtime User
Cool!
Can't we get a D4A (Delphi for Android - I would buy that in a second!!!) working the same way as B4A (translating to java etc)

I miss my Delphi! Or even C4A (C# for Android) - an no, Mono won't work (dependencies ...)

He, he, he ...

gma

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hello Guys,

i'm in the situation that I need QR code generation on the android device.
Is there any lib out there for me to do that?

Thanks,
Mark

mb1793

Licensed User
Longtime User
is there a way i could generate a qr barcode and pair it with an image i have stored in my data base ?

QLogic

Licensed User
Longtime User
How can I generate a QRcode from code? Thanks..

This....

And here is the reason, as I know some might wonder why would you need to generate a QR code on your phone. Keep in mind, Airline industries do this all the time for paperless entries.

Why do I need it? Because in my internal app, I need to generate a digital Business Card based on the sales rep that is using the app so they can send a digital copy to anyone that can read a QR code. I would use NFC, but of course not all phones have NFC.

Thanks.

alwaysbusy

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Yes @Johan Schoeman, this is so weird. I even developped the whole app on my nexus 7 tablet where it worked just fine, but once I put it on the play store, I even can't install it on the nexus because it's 'incompatible'. I thought it had something to do with the nexus not having a 'back' camera. In the app developer console there are no complains either after I added the drawable-hdpi folder. Maybe @Erel can shine some light on this?