iOS Question Question about Apple Developers accounts

Alex_197

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi, I have a question.

I has created an app under my individual account.

I created certificates and provision profiles in my account for app development. My app wasn't published in the apple store yet.

Current status of this app is Rejected because it needs to be published under organization account. My client just created this account on 2/1/2021.

Now I have a question - do I (or my client myself) need to create certificates and provision profiles from scratch under organization account or I can transfer my certificates and provision profiles between accounts?

If we need to create new certificates and provision profiles under organization account - what to do with my individual account? Do I need to revoke certificates and provision profiles or not?

Do I need to delete application from my individual account or keep it?

Can we create certificates based on the same csr file that was used in my individual account? Can be the same devices UDID be registered with multiple accounts? So do provisional profiles and identifiers?

Thanks

Computersmith64

Licensed User
Longtime User
If an app hasn't been published I don't think you can delete it from your account. Also, I think you'll have to change both the app name & the package name because Apple doesn't allow duplicates of either. Duplicate package names aren't allowed for obvious reasons, but I'm not sure why they don't allow duplicate app names like Play Store does.

Also - it used to be that even if you deleted an app, you still couldn't re-use the name (not sure about the package name). I don't know if that's still the case.

You might be able to get around the name/package name issue by transferring ownership of the app to the organization account.

- Colin.

Upvote 0

Alex_197

Licensed User
Longtime User
If an app hasn't been published I don't think you can delete it from your account. Also, I think you'll have to change both the app name & the package name because Apple doesn't allow duplicates of either. Duplicate package names aren't allowed for obvious reasons, but I'm not sure why they don't allow duplicate app names like Play Store does.

Also - it used to be that even if you deleted an app, you still couldn't re-use the name (not sure about the package name). I don't know if that's still the case.

You might be able to get around the name/package name issue by transferring ownership of the app to the organization account.

- Colin.
Thanks.

First we created organization account and then I decided to start from scratch and create new certificate, provision profiles and the app itself in new account under different name. Left all the legacy behind in my old account as a reference.

Upvote 0