B4J Question question about jshell

tufanv

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Hello,

There is command line exe which runs with commands like a.exe -connect:ip for example.
If I create an app in b4h and use jshell, can I get the information from this file which will run on the backgorund.

I mean,
normally when i use this command line exe, it connects to a ip and get information every 5 seconds and reflect in on command line, is it possible to get the information it has reflected and show it with a better shape in my app ?

Thanks

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
Yes. You need to call Shell.RunWithOutputEvents.

The StdOut and StdErr events will be raised. See the documentation of RunWithOutputEvents. The events are raised on a background thread. This means that you should call CallSubDelayed from these events if you want to do anything that accesses the UI.

Upvote 0

tufanv

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Yes. You need to call Shell.RunWithOutputEvents.

The StdOut and StdErr events will be raised. See the documentation of RunWithOutputEvents. The events are raised on a background thread. This means that you should call CallSubDelayed from these events if you want to do anything that accesses the UI.
one more question about this,

Lets say we run the other exe with jshell ( which is a command line app ) , later while that is running on the background , is it possible to send more commands to get extra info.
I mean , normally when you run the command line app you open your wallet with username and password when it is opened , if you use "balance" command , it gives you wallet balance so with jshell, after I open the wallet and reflected a login success info to ui app , is it possible to send commands to command line app like balance and reflect the balance also into ui ?

Upvote 0