B4J Question Question about WebApps and Jetty.

amykonio

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi.

Last month I was doing some tests with B4J and webapps. I found it powerful and easy to use. But I do have some questions.
B4J webapps do have a jetty server embedded.

1) If we want to run more than one webapps on the same machine, we have to set each instance to use a different port. I believe there is no other way to achieve that. Am I right?
2) If we want the outside world to reach those applications using strictly port 80 or 443 and without redirection, we should have a separate public ip for each instance and configure NAT to internally translate public ip1 port 80 to internal ip instance 1 port xx1 and public ip2 port 80 to internal ip instance 2 port xx2. Am I right?

If scenario (2) is working, this isn’t a recommended solution, because it may require many public ip’s. Is there another way to solve that “issue”?
Finally, it would be nice if we had a way to somehow deploy a webapp to Jetty and not have it embedded in our app. Don’t know if this could be possible, I understand it’s not supported.

Andreas.

Solution

alwaysbusy

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Upvote 1
Solution

amykonio

Licensed User
Longtime User
Thank you for your answer.
I will take a look at HAProxy.

By the way https://api.one-two.com response from jetty is: not found.
And you are doing a great jobs with your frameworks.

Andreas.

Upvote 0

hatzisn

Licensed User
Longtime User
Also nginx can act as a reverse proxy. I have followed some tutorials on YouTube and I find it quiet ease to use. I use it in Raspberry Pi.

Upvote 1

Pendrush

Licensed User
Longtime User
I'm using nginx as reverse proxy/cache server in production last 6-7 months with 2M daily opened pages, with 8 CPU, 16GB ram, wIth certbot (for https cert), and I'm thrilled with how fast it works. CPU is constantly below 30%, max ram usage about 4-5GB.

Upvote 1
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…