Quinn Curtis graph library(paid) help

naveenpn

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi,
We are doing a custom designed electronic board with some ADCs, digital inputs/outputs and DACs which can communicate with an Android device via Bluetooth and send the real time sensor data to it.

We have purchased the B4A for the app design. One of the main requirements here is that we display the ADC and I/O data as real time gauge and charts. So we purchased the Android version of Quinn Curtis charting library found here:

QCRTGraph

This is delivered as jar files with lots of examples (trial version is available for download from above link). I read the tutorial which shows how to create a library for B4A from scratch using java source code. Before taking the plunge, I might have assumed that this process was pretty straightforward looking at all the jar libraries that comes with B4A. However, I'm now stuck here because I cannot find any documentation or help on how to import and use external jar files in B4A as a ready library? All I seem missing are the xml files for the Quinn Curtis jar files. Is this something I should be asking Quinn Curtis?

Can you please help? I would be happy to pay someone to do this for me if it can be done quickly.

warwound

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi there.

Looking at the demo i see that the chart2dandroid package contains 153 classes and rtgraphandroid package contains 62 classes.
(These are the classes in qcrtgraphandroid.jar, qcchart2dandroid.jar contains many more classes).

Each class that you want to use in B4A would require creating a wrapper class (around the original class) in the B4A library code.

So creating the library could be a relatively quick task of just wrapping a few classes if that's all you require to use, or if you require most or even all classes to be available in B4A it would be a time consuming task.

The demo contains no javadoc reference that i can find which makes things a bit tricky - maybe the javadoc is provided in the paid version?

Have you any idea which classes as a minimum you'd require in the B4A library?

Martin.

Upvote 0

naveenpn

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi warwound,
I need all the classes & methods to be available in B4A. I don't know about java. Can you tell me what javadoc is and whether it can be generated from the source code without much efforts? If so I can ask the supplier to make it. Are there any specific requirements for the javadoc that I need to tell them?

Upvote 0

warwound

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi.

Take a look at this javadoc: Generated Documentation (Untitled)

Click a class from the All Classes list lower left.
Now click Use in the top rows of links: Overview Package Class Use Tree Index Help.

See how it shows what classes use the class you selected?

Click Tree and you get other important info.

Having the javadoc available would make creating a B4A library much easier...

It'd be possible to start wrapping the basic classes of the Quinn Curtis library - and knowing which classes depend on each other wrap those classes too.
It be possible to create a basic B4A working library and from there work through the other classes wrapping them all bit by bit.

I'd expect javadoc to be available for a paid user of the Quinn Curtis library.

Martin.

Upvote 0