iOS Question Rapid Debugger failed error

Lori Scott

Licensed User
I see from the forum that this is common issue, but I don't see any common solution. I've observed that when I first run the app I'm developing in B4i debug mode (debug is the only mode available) it connects to my iPad and runs fine. When I go back to the Designer, make a change, and try to run again, I get the message "An error occurred. Rapid Debugger failed to connect to process. Please try to run again." The option to Install pops up on the iPad, but when I Install, I get a black screen with the message "IP address 192.168.***.*** Waiting for IDE to Connect". At the same time, in the bar at the bottom of the Code editing window on the PC, there appears a message "Trying to connect to device (192.168.***.***). Make sure to start B4i-Bridge." even though I had already connected the B4i-Bridge.

It seems as though the B4i-Bridge previously opened didn't close so now I can't open a 'new' bridge to run the app again. If I close the bridge and app icons that are showing in my iPad dock (long tap-jiggle-tap x), and close my B4i program on the PC, then reopen the bridge on the iPad and reopen the B4i editor and project, go to Tools/Device IP Address/iPad192.168.***.*** F2 again to reconnect and run the app again, then it will run (usually). This is time-consuming. Is there a quicker, easier way to close the original connection so that the bridge is available to run the app again?

Jack Cole

Licensed User
Longtime User
I removed the last code module that I added, and it works now. I added it back in, and it doesn't work.

The problem seems to be the module name. I named it b4i_WebViewExtras. I guess b4i doesn't like modules with names that start with b4i! Maybe could put in a pop-up error message for that. After changing the module name, it works.

Upvote 0

Lori Scott

Licensed User
I continue to experience this. I followed your advice to uninstall the app, clean the project, and run again. Also I uninstalled all the previous apps that had run in debug mode. It makes no difference. I can only run an app one time on my device (iPad). All subsequent attempts give the error. The only way I've found to proceed is to close everything and start over every time I change the code.

Upvote 0

Lori Scott

Licensed User
I take that back. I tried a couple very simple apps that I built while going through the tutorial videos. They are allowing me to change code and run again, without the debugging error.

Upvote 0