Android Question Rapid Debugger Problem

DrAlex

Licensed User
Longtime User
No, I don't run multiple instances of B4A.

I have restarted the computer and run B4A.exe -log again. Got the same problem. I attach the log file.

Attachments

• log.txt
    1.8 KB · Views: 237
Upvote 0

DrAlex

Licensed User
Longtime User
I shall note yet another new phenomenon: "Installing file to device" takes now very long time. The simplest CheckPhone app takes 47 sec to load, and it is the same with both debuggers.

Upvote 0

DrAlex

Licensed User
Longtime User
I have created an empty new project, but it also does not work with the rapid debugger. Again, it works with the legacy, but in a strange way. As if the IDE starts the app and then loses the control of it: the program ignores breakpoints and cannot be stopped by the IDE. Even if you close the B4A on Windows, the app continues running.

I am using a real device, HTC One.

Upvote 0

DrAlex

Licensed User
Longtime User
Yes, I am connected with USB. The logs are attached.

Attachments

• legacy-log.txt
    44.2 KB · Views: 280
  • rapid-log.txt
    45.2 KB · Views: 276
Upvote 0

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
Based on the description it looks like there is a network problem that prevents the debugger from connecting to the device. It works in the legacy debugger because the legacy debugger can work without a network connection (similar to running in release mode).

The firewall or anti virus are maybe blocking the connection.

You can try it with B4A-Bridge.

Upvote 0

DrAlex

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hello Erel,

1. Please note that the legacy debugger is also not working properly, so I can't use it as a workaround.

2. I stopped both the antivirus and the firewall on my computer, but it did not help.

3. I tried the B4A-Bridge. Same phenomenon: the app is installed and started, then a message appears, "Waiting for IDE debugger to connect" and then the app crashes.

Upvote 0

DrAlex

Licensed User
Longtime User
Tried it today on my ancient XP laptop, with the same version of B4A and of the antivirus, and it worked! What shall I check/do to make it work again on my Win8 workstation?

Upvote 0