Android Question Re: To develop one Invoice project

sivakrith

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hello,

Probably after purchasing B4A long back, I'm surprised to see that the product is free now !

Well, now I plan to develop one Invoicing system using B4A. Would like to have your expert opinions regarding
1. Where to start. Will go through documents to learn the basics. Would like to know whether tables are supported (where we can have many rows and many columns) and the possible ways to edit those rows / columns.
2. Any required add-ons
3. Need to store data locally inside the Android unit. Suggested database [ know there is SQLite], any other possibilities ?
5. Can remotely connect to web server to fetch any data?
6. Can remotely connect to local server to fetch any required data or not ?

Probably many would have asked, but my search didn't get the required result. That's why I'm asking (repeating ?).

Happiness Always
BKR Sivaprakash

Hello,

Probably after purchasing B4A long back, I'm surprised to see that the product is free now !

Well, now I plan to develop one Invoicing system using B4A. Would like to have your expert opinions regarding
1. Where to start. Will go through documents to learn the basics. Would like to know whether tables are supported (where we can have many rows and many columns) and the possible ways to edit those rows / columns.
2. Any required add-ons
3. Need to store data locally inside the Android unit. Suggested database [ know there is SQLite], any other possibilities ?

Probably many would have asked, but my search didn't get the required result. That's why I'm asking (repeating ?).

Happiness Always
BKR Sivaprakash
Answers:

1. You just have to be clear about what you want to do and specifically search the forum, B4A is extremely powerful, everything depends on you.

2. It requires nothing more than the B4A and the correct libraries.

3. To save data locally on the device, SQLite is the most recommended.

5-6. If you are going to synchronize local data to a remote server, I recommend that you use MYSQL.

Upvote 0

John Naylor

Licensed User
Longtime User

Tables are supported fully via several libraries depending what exactly you want to do. You'll have plenty of options.

2. Any required add-ons

This depends very much on your final requirements and approach.

See above about requirements / approach. I use SQLite for storing lists of combobox entries for example. Things that are unlikely to change too much. I check for changes against my main online database when my app starts or receives a force update message.

Look at JRDC2 - It's incredibly powerful and lightweight. It sits as middleware between your app and [in my case] a MySQL database. It handles everything quickly and securely.

See 5 - Use JRDC2 on a local server too.

Upvote 0