Read a row (SQL)

Nkieto

Licensed User
I have a query (SELECT), and I am using Command.ExecuteTable for showing rows in a table. After that, I want to select one row, click a button and show another form with detailed information for this row.

I am using Table.SelectedRow for determine which row is selected, but I don't know how to query my row. I mean, I know the INDEX in the table, but I can't use DataReader.GetValue or DataReader.ReadNextRow to select my row.

Any idea? I am looking for something in the way ReadRow(INDEX)... Do you know what I mean???

PD.- Sorry for asking so many things, but I have just discover Basic4PPC, and I am enjoying a lot, doing more things in two days than using SprintDB in months.

Nkieto

Licensed User
Thanks Erel, I think that could be a good and clean solution.

I have decide not to use Command.ExecuteTable, because I need to SELECT ID from my sql table, but I don't want to show it on the form table. Then, I am using a manual fill for the table (Command.ExecuteReader, Reader.Value, Reader.ReadNextRow, Table.AddRow, ...).

Then I use Table.AddCol(cString, "ID", 0), and in this way I have all information for ID for future use, but I am not showing col in the table.

Thanks Erel.