Android Question Real Time Data Pushing

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by tufanv, Sep 3, 2016.

1. tufanv

tufanv Expert Licensed User

Hello

I have a question. Some finance apps provides live prices of market data like stock exchange , currency etc. The app updates this every second and the prices are updated live. I am sure that , they do not download a file from the internet and update it every second so how do they do it =? Generally these type of data is provided with an xml feed. So can you point me to a correct place where i can find info on live updating of data through my app ?

TY

2. DonManfred

DonManfred Expert Licensed User

If there is no api to use then all you can do is download the xml and show the info.

tufanv likes this.
  3. tufanv

So,

Downlading every 5 seconds the xml for example would donwload how many kbs or mbs to user approx ? and if there was an api from the feeder how could i achive this ?

4. DonManfred

YOU tell me! I dont know the size of the xml. You know the size, you know how often you´ll download. Take a calculator and cound the right KBs

KMatle likes this.
  5. tufanv

I also dont know because i have to purchase the xml feed package of a data provider first =)
    Canyou tell the difference of updating the data every 5 seconds for example and using an api ? How do i use an api to update data every second without donloading the feed ?

6. DonManfred

Maybe their api provide a way they send you the new data. With push notification for ex.
    I don´t know how it would be with their api. I dont know the api.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice