Android Question Real Time Data Pushing

tufanv

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Hello

I have a question. Some finance apps provides live prices of market data like stock exchange , currency etc. The app updates this every second and the prices are updated live. I am sure that , they do not download a file from the internet and update it every second so how do they do it =? Generally these type of data is provided with an xml feed. So can you point me to a correct place where i can find info on live updating of data through my app ?

TY

DonManfred

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
If there is no api to use then all you can do is download the xml and show the info.

Upvote 0

tufanv

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
If there is no api to use then all you can do is download the xml and show the info.
So,

Downlading every 5 seconds the xml for example would donwload how many kbs or mbs to user approx ? and if there was an api from the feeder how could i achive this ?

Upvote 0

tufanv

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
YOU tell me! I dont know the size of the xml. You know the size, you know how often you´ll download. Take a calculator and cound the right KBs
I also dont know because i have to purchase the xml feed package of a data provider first =)
Canyou tell the difference of updating the data every 5 seconds for example and using an api ? How do i use an api to update data every second without donloading the feed ?

Upvote 0