iOS Question Recurring B4i-Bridge Connection Issues

Marroq Spoulinker

Licensed User
Longtime User
I've recently started working with B4i and I've been having recurring issues connecting to the b4i-bridge on my iPad.
I'm using the hosted builder as I do not have access to an apple computer.
I can connect to the bridge sometimes and have successfully installed a few apps on my device using the bridge. However, most of the time I am unable to connect.
My device will indicate it is waiting for the IDE connection, and B4i will indicate that "Ping Failed (IP = xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx): TimedOut The IP address is most probably incorrect. Do you want to use it?" with options for Yes, No, and Cancel. Clicking No will cancel the connection attempt. Clicking Yes will not do anything either.
The IP address has remained the same on my iPad ever time I've tried to connect and I double-check it each time.
Sometimes I can re-boot both my computer and the iPad and then it will connect for a little while, but then it will disconnect and then fail to connect again soon.
I have tried completely unistalling and reinstalling B4i-Bridge and all the keys and profiles, etc., but it makes no difference.
It's really frustrating that it does work sometimes but I have to battle with it most of the time.
Is anyone familiar with this issue and have a fix for it?
Thanks everyone!

moster67

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Any chance you have a problem with your Wifi Access Point? If you use the iPad on its own, for instance browsing the Internet, do you experience any interuptions? The same goes for the PC? What I meant to say, I guess, is your Wifi-connetion stable? Are your devices (PC and iPad) on the same network? This is the first check to do in my opinion...

Upvote 0

highflyer

Licensed User
Longtime User
Yesterday I update my Ipad to IOS 9 and now have the same issue with b4i-bridge unable to connect to the ide on the pc.

Upvote 0

Marroq Spoulinker

Licensed User
Longtime User
I had checked that several times. But after your reminder @moster67 I checked it again, and I was having some connectivity issues at the moment. I rebooted my router and then I was able to connect once again. I'll report back if I continue having issues in the future, but hopefully that is all it was.

Upvote 0