Android Question regional language app

vvg

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi.. i have two lenovo 6000plus mobiles. I have developed an app which is in a local language. My problem is that on one of the mobile, the font is displayed well. But when i install the same app on another mobile ( note that two mobiles are of same configuration) - the font is not displayed there. I mean the local font characters are converted into some basic arial-like english characters.
Please help...

vvg

Licensed User
Longtime User
THANKS FOR YOUR PROMPT REPLY SIR. WE HAVE ALREADY ADDED THE FILE IN APP.
MY BROTHER ( WHO ACTUALLY USING B4A) WILL SOON BE REPLY TO YOUR QUESTION. KINDLY GUIDE US ABOUT THE ISSUE GIVEN ABOVE. WE ARE FROM INDIA. WE WOULD LIKE TO KNOW THE TIME WHEN YOU WILL BE AVAILABLE ONLINE TO COMMUNICATE FOR BETTER COMMUNICATION FROM BOTH SIDE.

Upvote 0

vvg

Licensed User
Longtime User
Sir, I am using the font file. It runs well on one of the same model lenovo 6000 plus mobile. But on other it is giving problem. One more thing. While compiling, it gives warning #9 'unused variable myfont'. This warning does not coming on other lenovo 6000 plus mobile. please see the screenshot uploaded.

Attachments

• font_testing_android_vivek.jpg
    font_testing_android_vivek.jpg
    157.2 KB · Views: 157
Upvote 0

vvg

Licensed User
Longtime User
Ok. I added the line -
Label1.Typeface = MyFont
but the result is same. i.e. on one mobile it shows the font properly but not on other mobile.
upload_2016-10-18_8-32-49.png

Attachments

• upload_2016-10-18_8-30-57.png
    upload_2016-10-18_8-30-57.png
    155.2 KB · Views: 123
Upvote 0

vvg

Licensed User
Longtime User
THE WHOLE ZIPPED PROJECT FOLDER SIZE IS MORE THAN 512 KB. SO IT CAN NOT BE UPLOADED. CAN YOU TELL ME WHICH OF THE FILES OR FOLDERS ARE NECESSARY SO THAT I SEND U ONLY THOSE?

Upvote 0

vvg

Licensed User
Longtime User
Plz check the attached new project file. I created with single label as you said.

Attachments

• Test1.zip
    35.8 KB · Views: 148
Upvote 0

vvg

Licensed User
Longtime User
Yes. It works incorrectly. pl see the screenshot of device. On other same lenovo model.
Is there any android version issue? because both lenovo models are same...
only difference is that one has kitkat version(working correctly) and the on the device where the font is not displaying correctly(screen shot), there is lolipop version.
Update - on Samsung galaxy j2 also it is not working correctly.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2016-10-19-17-53-50.png
    Screenshot_2016-10-19-17-53-50.png
    23.7 KB · Views: 122
Upvote 0

vvg

Licensed User
Longtime User
Also one doubt. On the both mobile b4a bridge versions are different. on one where it works correctly there is b4a bridge and on other (working incorrectly), there is b4a bridge plus.
But i do not think bridge is the problem. because when i copied the same good working apk with pen drive (not by bridge) then also it did not worked correctly on other mobile. Do not know what is the problem.

Upvote 0

vvg

Licensed User
Longtime User
No..the expected font is not being displayed. That is the problem.
The font seen in the screen shot is not what expected..

I will send u the other (right) screen shot as soon as i get the mobile on which the app is displaying the font correctly. ( the mobile is with my brother now).

Upvote 0