iOS Question Rejection message from the App Store - your app includes Back to TestFlight buttons in the screenshots

Alex_197

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi all.
My app was rejected because of this

Guideline 2.3.10 - Performance - Accurate Metadata

We noticed that your app or its metadata includes irrelevant references to your app’s development process.

Specifically, your app includes Back to TestFlight buttons in the screenshots.

Since apps on the App Store should be ready for consumers, including references to the development process in your app or metadata is not permitted.

Next Steps

To resolve this issue, please remove all references to the developer process from your app and its metadata, including the app description, promotional text, What's New info, previews, and screenshots.

Please see attached screenshot for details.

Since your App Store Connect status is Metadata Rejected, we do NOT require a new binary. To revise the metadata, visit App Store Connect to select your app and revise the desired metadata values. Once you’ve completed all changes, reply to this message in Resolution Center and we will continue the review.

Bug Fix Submissions

If this is a bug fix submission and you'd like to have it approved at this time, reply to this message in Resolution Center to let us know. You do not need to resubmit your app for us to proceed.

Alternatively, if you'd like to resolve these issues now, please feel free to resubmit. Let us know if you have any questions about the issues we found in our review.

You may appeal your app rejection if you believe this decision was made incorrectly. We also invite you to provide feedback on our review guidelines.

Screenshot.jpg

As far as I understand this button appears if the app started right from the TestFlight. If you start the app by clicking on the app icon this button doesn't show up. I also noticed that at the development time when I cick F5 in B4i the same button appears with text B4i-Bridge. If I create a release version and start it by click ing the icon this button doesn't show up.

What shoud I do in this situation?

Thanks

Alex_197

Licensed User
Longtime User
Why don't you just edit the image to remove the testflight text?

Thank you for your quick reply.

Because it's not a solution. This screenshot was created by app store review team and this is a part of rejection message.

For example - start your project in B4i in Debuf mode by clicking F5 and you will see that B4i-Bridge is in top left corner on each screenof your app.

Upvote 0

Andrew (Digitwell)

Licensed User
Longtime User
Yes, I have just tried with one of my apps and I get this same issue.
  • Start from TestFlight, see the text in the top left,
  • Start from homepage, no text.
I think that this is the testers problem as I have submitted many apps to Apple which exhibit the same apparent problem and they have all been accepted.

Are you sure that the screenshots in your part of the submission don't have the testflight image in them as well?

Cheers

Upvote 0

Alex_197

Licensed User
Longtime User
Yes, I have just tried with one of my apps and I get this same issue.
  • Start from TestFlight, see the text in the top left,
  • Start from homepage, no text.
I think that this is the testers problem as I have submitted many apps to Apple which exhibit the same apparent problem and they have all been accepted.

Are you sure that the screenshots in your part of the submission don't have the testflight image in them as well?

Cheers
I also never had this problem before. I just submitted the update to my app that on the App Store since March, 2020.

Yes, and I was able to reproduce it. Started my app from the TestFlight - button is visible. Started the same app that just started from the test flight by clickng the icon - button is hidden.

But if I do debug in B4i the same button with a text B4i-Bridge is always visible.

Upvote 0

Alex_197

Licensed User
Longtime User
I read this line in the rejection message

which makes me think that you need to check the screenshots you submitted.
It's not a screenshot. I didn't submit any screenshot. They mean the screenshot they created in rejection message.

So my question is - why this button appears and how to hide it if the app started from TestFlight?

Thanks.

Upvote 0