Android Tutorial Remote Database Connector (RDC) - Connect to any remote DB

Status
Not open for further replies.

killiak

Licensed User
Longtime User
hola Pablo

Te envío un privado para no abundar de texto en español aquí.

Gracias !!
Erel Telling you that speak english or go to the spanish forum in 3..2...1 ;D

DonManfred

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi DonManfred, but what can I do if the APP need to ask to the user for Credentials to connect ?
Load a layout, let the user enter it into the fields and you save the credentials in a sqlite database for example.
Or what answer did you expect?

vbmundo

Licensed User
Load a layout, let the user enter it into the fields and you save the credentials in a sqlite database for example.
Or what answer did you expect?

Hi DonManfred

My application allows the user to upload their credentials to several TextEdit
These credentials are then recorded on a Encrypted file and are used in the application to generate the connection.

vbmundo

Licensed User
Ok. Then i maybe don´t understand was your question was...

I need a MySQL control that is very fast, efficient, you can run Queries that return thousands of records and is suitable for professional and commercial applications.

I want the best control .... I am that you have an excellent one. (By comments I've read)

If you have one of those, I buy

DonManfred

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
The amount of resultdata you can query is limited by the android memory. So, in fact you need to use a way to manually (by your code) split the amount of data you want to store, retrieve.

My Libs are wrapper for two of the MySQL-Connectors for java.
I use it regularly but not so exessive.

Just try it by yourself.

Look the libraries forum; you dont have much alternatives if RCD or RDC2 is not suitable for you.

vbmundo

Licensed User

Just tell me if your control is better than this
https://www.b4x.com/android/forum/threads/asynchronous-mariadb-mysql-library.39710/

Regards

kris A

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi Erel,

My server uses OS RHEL 7.2 with java version :

openjdk version "1.8.0_102"
OpenJDK Runtime Environment (build 1.8.0_102-b14)
OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM (build 25.102-b14, mixed mode)

I setup JAVA_HOME=/usr/lib/jvm/java-1.8.0-openjdk-1.8.0.102-1.b14.el7_2.x86_64/jre/bin/java
and PATH=/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/sbin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/root/bin:/usr/lib/jvm/java-1.8.0-openjdk-1.8.0.102-1.b14.el7_2.x86_64/jre/bin

I extract RDC-Server.zip and put in directory /usr/share/java/RemoteDatabaseConnector

I have modified RunRLC.bat become :

"/usr/lib/jvm/java-1.8.0-openjdk-1.8.0.102-1.b14.el7_2.x86_64/jre/bin/java" -Xmx256m -cp .:/libs/*:jdbc_driver/* anywheresoftware.b4a.remotedatabase.RemoteServer
read -p "pause"

save it.

chmod +x RunRLC.bat

When I execute ./RunRLC.bat, I got the error like below :

Error: Could not find or load main class anywheresoftware.b4a.remotedatabase.RemoteServer
pause

Please help me, what kind of mistake that my steps ?

Please tell me how to correct, so my server can running and access java to mariadb

Thanks.

DonManfred

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
in b4a you have used JDK. You are now using JRE. Find the error.

In B4A you set the path to javac.exe in Configure Paths
For me it is: C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.8.0_102\bin\javac.exe

Please note that this is the JDK-Path. not the JRE-Path

kris A

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi DonManfred,

I have modified RunRLC.bat :

"/usr/lib/jvm/java-1.8.0-openjdk-1.8.0.102-1.b14.el7_2.x86_64/bin/javac" -Xmx256m -cp .:/libs/*:jdbc_driver/* anywheresoftware.b4a.remotedatabase.RemoteServer
read -p "pause"

But I execute still error :

javac: invalid flag: -Xmx256m
Usage: javac <options> <source files>
use -help for a list of possible options
pause

Please help me

incendio

Licensed User
Longtime User
Not sure, but I think it was cause by openJDK, try to use Java from Oracle.

Beside, I read, openJDK is slow compare to Oracle Java.

marcoperoni

Licensed User
Longtime User

Rochow

Licensed User
Longtime User
What did you changed?
Or maybe what have changed on the server?

Additionally you should provide the error log

To administrate the MySQL Database I use Workbench, to be able of connect to the database from the laptop of my home I have to add that IP in phpMyAdmin to the root user. All this was already configured and working perfectly from my home, until one day the IP of my home changed (dynamic ip) and I could not access from Workbench, so I went to phpMyAdmin and modified the root user by placing the new IP. Then I could access from Workbench and work normally, but I entered the Android App and I find myself with the surprise that nothing works. For the Android App I have another user other than root that I have never modified and is accessible from any IP to work on any Smatphone. The log of the App throws the following error "java.sql.SQLException: Access denied for user 'userApp' @ '%' (using password: YES)". I tried to access with that same user of the App through Workbench of the laptop my home and there were no problems. The user, the permissions and the keys everything is correct, I have checked everything but still cannot connect from the App (I never modified the App) and in the internet browser returns "java.io.EOFException" from http: //ipServer: 17178/?Method=dbname

Pantelis Loizou

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi to everyone. Sorry for my english. i am using RDC to connect to sql server and from my android application i am sending a batch requests. some of my clients inform me that sometimes the job execute multiple times. Is this possible anf if yes how can i avoi this situation?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…