iOS Question Renewing ApplePushService certificate

marcick

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi guys,
I just want a confirmation that these steps are correct when APN certificate is about to expire

1. From Apple developer console generate the new APN certrificate aps.cer and copy it in B4i keys folder
  2. in B4i Keys folder, leave only the new aps.cer (move to other folders other existing .cer like IOS_Distribution)
  3. From B4i IDE, Tool-Build server-Create push keystore (Firebase service). A new firebase_push.p12 file is generated
  4. Move to "cloud messaging section" in Firebase console
  5. Update the .p12 file, using the B4i Private sign Key as password
  6. From B4i IDE, Tool-Build server-Create push keystore (B4X push server). A new Push.Keystore file is generated.
  7. Move to the B4J app that need to generate notifications and copy in its folder the new Push.Keystore
  8. restore back the IOS_Distribution.cer in the B4i keys folder
  9. From Apple developer console, revoke the certificate expiring
Correct ?

marcick

Licensed User
Longtime User
uhmmm ... perhaps push.keystore was needed only for the old GCM notification as in no longer required with Firebase ?

Upvote 0

marcick

Licensed User
Longtime User
About 2: I remember in the past there were errors if multiple .cer were present in the keys folder, I see now is ok, thanks.
About 5: The Firebase console also inform the certificate is expiring, why you say this step is not needed ?
About 6-8: ok

Upvote 0