Request for more consistent full blown example App

aklisiewicz

Licensed User
Longtime User
I would really appreciate if somebody could make (or point me to) a really simple BareBone example of the database explaining the basic operations:

1. INSERT
2. EDIT
3. DELETE
4. SHOW DETAILS
5. SCROLLING NEXT/PREVIOUS using form
6. SEARCH
7. FILTER RECORDS )based on FROM -> TO criteria
8. STORE/READ BINARY FILE (especially MP3, MPG etc) IN A TABLE
9. STORE/READ BINARY FILE to/from a FOLDER
10. UPDATE DATABASE from EXTERNAL LOCATION (PC, URL etc.)
11. ADOPTS and WORKS IN PORTRAIT AND LANDSCAPE MODE

While some of it was explained in different places I haven't seen an App showing all those basic operations in one place. All the examples given so far are scattered and are kinda out of the full context. They also use different methods of doing things. For example some people use TYPES some don't, some use MAP and some don't, some people. While I understand that variety of options makes it flexible it is on the other hand confusing, and By creating a one solid example that does it all using unified methods would help a lot. By having such App it would be so much easier to look at the code and figure out the concept by the new comers.
There is one App created by the user which is really close to this request, (thank you) but it still misses many of the mentioned above features.:confused:

Arthur

PS>
I would like also to say thank you to all of you who already submitted any type of sample Apps.
For the demonstration purposes of p.10
I 'm willing to create a simple SQLite App which will allow to edit data through the web browser, then eventually download the file (or just updated records) to
the device...

Last edited: