Android Question requestLegacyExternalStorage - Warning Google 5may

scsjc

Licensed User
Longtime User
I have received a message in the GooglePlay console warning me that they have detected the application with the requestLegacyExternalStorage in the manifest file.

I currently have the manifest in android: targetSdkVersion=29 with the SetApplicationAttribute (android: requestLegacyExternalStorage, true)
I use it so that my application can load documents externally (photos, pdf etc).

Google indicates that I must fix it before May 5 or they request to withdraw application.
It also indicates that if I need to use this permission I have to send a form requesting it.

i read the : https://www.b4x.com/android/forum/threads/android-jar-targetsdkversion-minsdkversion.87610/#content
I think the most correct solution is to remove: SetApplicationAttribute (android: requestLegacyExternalStorage, true) and use RuntimePermissions.GetSafeDirDefaultExternal ... for devices before 30 it will work as if I activate this solution: SetApplicationAttribute (android: requestLegacyExternalStorage, true) ???

I have searched the forum and I am not very clear what I should do.
I do not know if it affects me having the targetSdkVersion=29 or I should change something.

Last edited: