Beta [Resolved] - 2nd copy hangs. Beta #2

Peter Simpson

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I often copy code snippets from one project to another, I just tried to open a 2nd copy of B4A but the 2nd instance always hangs.

Untitled-2.png

Untitled-1.png

Last edited:

RandomCoder

Licensed User
Longtime User
Works fine on Windows 7 32-bit, several instances opened without any problem for me.

Upvote 0

Peter Simpson

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I'm running Window 8.1 Pro 64-Bit on an i7 processor, when possible everything on my machine is 64-bit and everything is up to date as well. @RandomCoder I've manged to get 2 instances running at the same time only once in well over 50+ attempts and about 12 or so reboots, seriously annoying. I really do not know what to say, the screen shots in my first post says it all. I've even tried reinstalled beta #2 :mad:

Upvote 0

RandomCoder

Licensed User
Longtime User
I'm running Window 8.1 Pro 64-Bit on an i7 processor, when possible everything on my machine is 64-bit and everything is up to date as well. @RandomCoder I've manged to get 2 instances running at the same time only once in well over 50+ attempts and about 12 or so reboots, seriously annoying. I really do not know what to say, the screen shots in my first post says it all. I've even tried reinstalled beta #2 :mad:
Is there anything in the windows event viewer that might suggest why it crashes? Have you considered Windows 10 ;)

Upvote 0

Peter Simpson

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Hello @RandomCoder and @klaus.
I've figured out that I can start the first instance by clicking on the shortcut icon, but I can't start a second instance by clicking on the same shortcut icon. I can only start a second instance by double clicking on any .b4a file.

The video below shows the following:
1. I open B4A using a shortcut icon.
2. I try to open a second copy :(
3. I try to open a second copy again :mad:
4. To open a second copy I double click on a .b4a file :D

Video removed...

Last edited:
Upvote 0