Android Question [RESOLVED] B4XFloatTextField cursor position based on control height

Jmu5667

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hello

When using the B4XFloatTextField control if I set the height to say 100dip the cursor appears above the base line displayed. If I reduce the height it moves closer to the base line displayed. How do i get the cursor position to start on the base line displayed regardless of the height I set.

The B4XFloatTextField is multiline with show accept button, H Align is LEFT, V align is BOTTOM

Regards

John.

Jmu5667

Licensed User
Longtime User
In the previous attachment, @OliverA pointed out that the B4XFloatTextField was missing. Sorry, new upload attached on this post.

Attachments

• B4XFloatTextExample.zip
    10 KB · Views: 74
Upvote 0

OliverA

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
fixed the issue
Please note that this is a programmatic fix to something that seems to not work in the Designer (the ability to set Horizontal Alignment / Vertical Alignment under Text Properties to other values besides LEFT (for Horizontal) and CENTER (for Vertical) and it being honored when running the application). Looks like @Roger Daley ran into the same issue (the TextEditor example uses B4XFloatTextField): https://www.b4x.com/android/forum/threads/solved-texteditor-text-vertical-alignment.132936/

Upvote 0