Android Question Restart my application

sn_nn

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hello!
How i can restart my application from my application? Is anybody know how to do it? (may be it's possible with intent?)

sn_nn

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi, Agraham! In my appication it can be used, but in this case Main Activity need start witch attribute IsFirstTime=True. But is it not possible in b4a....
1644668333083.png

Last edited:
Upvote 0

agraham

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
There is something wrong with your program structure if your app crashes when you do this. You can see that after the activity closes Activity_Create is run, but as you say FirstTime is False, and then Activity_Resume is called. This is a normal Activity lifetime sequence and your app should not crash during it.

Upvote 0

sn_nn

Licensed User
Longtime User
Yes, the structure of program is specific. And full restarting of application is the best way for me...

Upvote 0

sn_nn

Licensed User
Longtime User
Initialising of 3D-scene, loading textures and models every time, then Main Activity_Create runs will take a lot of time. Application will be very-very slow. And ovin to it some code (data-loading) is working only then IsFirstTime=True!
Ok, may be the variant with creating artificial crush in Application and automatic restart after it will be more usefull? it seems such theme was discussed here...

Upvote 0