Restrict conversations to only licensed users?

corwin42

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I'm getting more and more private conversations where unlicensed users ask questions if I can help them with one of my libraries or they ask for the library or the source.

I always answer that they cannot use additional libraries as unlicensed user and tell them that they have to purchase Basic4Android and if they think it is a mistake that they appear as unlicensed user they should contact Anywhere Software support.

This is getting annoying.

Is there a way to only accept private conversations from licensed users? Would be a great enhancement to the forum.

Beja

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I also received requests from a someone asking for a specific libraries, and when I told him additional libraries don't run under trial version, he told me don't worry because he hacked the trial and now it's full version! I was surprised to hear him say that to someone he didn't know.. that he committed illegal act and now want me to be his accomplice.
I think the best way is to do something to completely disable access to pm for non-licensed members, and not leave it for individual cases. Because people are different and the 5% rule always applies.

warwound

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I also received requests from a someone asking for a specific libraries, and when I told him additional libraries don't run under trial version, he told me don't worry because he hacked the trial and now it's full version!

I had exactly the same sort of conversation a few months back.
The unlicensed user was very persistent.

He even offered to hack any website of my choice in return for a copy of one of my libraries!

RandomCoder

Licensed User
Longtime User
I had exactly the same sort of conversation a few months back.
The unlicensed user was very persistent.

He even offered to hack any website of my choice in return for a copy of one of my libraries!
It's a shame that someone with that much 'talent' would rather hack someone else's work rather than produce they're own. :mad:

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
i dont undertand! i think b4x is the cheapiest way to code for mobile phones (59$) and there are often 30% sale. so why should someone hack such a pogram?

someone asked me to download for him a lib because he is not a licensed member i told him that he can forget it and i offered to help him with the amount. i needed at that time translators for my app so i offered him the amount for the translation and i will send him the money so he can buy b4a and download the lib by himself.

i dont know what he did with the money, i hope he listen to me and did not try it with another user.

warwound

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
The unlicensed user that kept pestering me said that he had tried to purchase B4A but due to where he was in the world it was not possible - problems with the payment system not being available in his country.
I can't remember where he was located though.

sorex

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
people like that appear on the chat aswell every now and then.

begging to download a library for them and when you ask if they are licensed they either log out or avoid the question.

and if one answers it's always a student or money question :)

when I was young I also had to put stuff aside to buy computers, computer magazines or game originals.
So I don't see a reason why they could do the same to buy a B4x product.
Erel keeps it cheap enough for everyone compare to other payable solutions that cost thousands.