Android Question Resume (?) question

DPaul

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi,

Many, many years ago I developed an aplication on what was known as a "PDA", the iPaq (No android, no B4A). The users liked it a lot, but it fell into oblivia as hardware evolved.
Recently I was asked to build the same thing again on a tablet, and using B4A, i am getting a pretty
good result.

One thing however: on the iPaq it was possible to take complete programmatic control of the little silver buttons (hardware) at the bottom of the machine. These then became app-functional and also overrode the original meaning of the button like "open explorer" etc...

My question: is it possible to override the "things" on the edge of the tablet, preventing it from sending the app to the back. The best would be that once the app starts, it stays on top no matter which of these "tablet buttons" is (accidentally) pressed. The app could release itself with some exit button from the inside of the app.
Am i dreaming ?

thx,
Paul

Cableguy

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
The iPAQ was a Windows Mobile device, and at that time we had B4Ppc, which started this great venture now called B4X...

You can set your activitie(s) to listen to the buttons touch event (key_pressed I think, but it should be listed in the activity events list) and act (or ignore) according to the key that was pressed.
Another approach is to set a kiosk like environment for your app, but be aware, the user should/will always be able to get to the underlying environment one way or another.

Upvote 0