iOS Question Rewarded Ads (admob)

tufanv

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Hello,

Rewarded ads tutorial was written by Erel before admob was offering rewarded ads so he says we need a 3rd party. But now admob offers rewarded ads , so can we use that tutorial with the admob the provider?

Thanks

tufanv

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
tried it but it gives error: Failed to receive ad: Error Domain=com.google.ads Code=7 "Invalid mediation adtype returned." UserInfo={NSLocalizedDescription=Invalid mediation adtype returned., NSLocalizedFailureReason=Invalid mediation adtype returned.}

Can we make it work with admob as the provider not without mediation ?

Upvote 0

tufanv

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
The code itself doesn't depend on mediation. You just need to pass the correct unit id and it should work.
I did like that, I have added a rewarded ad unit from admobg, and initailized with that app id. I get this error :
B4X:
Failed to receive ad: Error Domain=com.google.ads Code=7 "Invalid mediation adtype returned." UserInfo={NSLocalizedDescription=Invalid mediation adtype returned., NSLocalizedFailureReason=Invalid

Upvote 0

tufanv

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
No, there is a problem with this. It only works if the device is added as test device with builder.addtestdevice, otherwise it always give an error below and I cant find anything about this error on the internet:

B4X:
Failed to receive ad: Error Domain=com.google.ads Code=7 "Invalid mediation adtype returned." UserInfo={NSLocalizedDescription=Invalid mediation adtype returned., NSLocalizedFailureReason=Invalid mediation adtype returned.}

Upvote 0