iOS Question Rewarded Ads (admob)

Discussion in 'iOS Questions' started by tufanv, May 29, 2019.

1. tufanv

tufanv Expert Licensed User

Hello,

Rewarded ads tutorial was written by Erel before admob was offering rewarded ads so he says we need a 3rd party. But now admob offers rewarded ads , so can we use that tutorial with the admob the provider?

Thanks

2. tufanv

tried it but it gives error: Failed to receive ad: Error Domain=com.google.ads Code=7 "Invalid mediation adtype returned." UserInfo={NSLocalizedDescription=Invalid mediation adtype returned., NSLocalizedFailureReason=Invalid mediation adtype returned.}

Can we make it work with admob as the provider not without mediation ?

3. Erel

Erel Administrator Staff Member Licensed User

The code itself doesn't depend on mediation. You just need to pass the correct unit id and it should work.

4. tufanv

I did like that, I have added a rewarded ad unit from admobg, and initailized with that app id. I get this error :
    Code:
    Failed to receive ad: Error Domain=com.google.ads Code=7 "Invalid mediation adtype returned." UserInfo={NSLocalizedDescription=Invalid mediation adtype returned., NSLocalizedFailureReason=Invalid

5. tufanv

I have tried it with adrequestbuilder and it worked now ! Thanks

Erel likes this.
  6. tufanv

No, there is a problem with this. It only works if the device is added as test device with builder.addtestdevice, otherwise it always give an error below and I cant find anything about this error on the internet:

Code:
    Failed to receive ad: Error Domain=com.google.ads Code=7 "Invalid mediation adtype returned." UserInfo={NSLocalizedDescription=Invalid mediation adtype returned., NSLocalizedFailureReason=Invalid mediation adtype returned.}

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice