Android Question Rewarded Ads....

eps

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I set this up for a new App I've created.

The test reward ad showed and I thought it was all done and dusted, but now I'm not so sure that it is working any more - maybe due to sdk and b4a updates and my having misread or missed some of the requirements.

My own reward ad wasn't showing - I had a return code of 0.

So I reverted back to the test reward ad and it also gives a return code of 0. Which surely isn't possible is it? That ad should 'always' be available. I'll post some code in a moment - but was just wondering if anyone else had issues around newer sdk or b4a versions??

eps

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
and now it doesn't work.... Hmm.... I wonder if it's because I'm using my own device. I've set it to be a Test Device but still it doesn't display a test ad. Return Code 0 - not loaded. I guess it all works - it's just that it doesn't fill me with confidence in rolling it out to Users. I'll update the Beta and see what feedback I can get.

Upvote 0

Computersmith64

Licensed User
Longtime User
It won't be because it's your device. Have you used AdMob for other ads? If not, make sure you have filled in your payment information, because apparently you won't get any ad impressions if you haven't.

Also, try running in release mode.

Are you getting test ads?

- Colin.

Upvote 0

eps

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Oh dear.... I suddenly worked out the reason...

Not recently, but over the past few months we've put in place some parental controls on the internet at home.. This takes effect when they boys are back from school. In addition to some mild 'safety' cover in terms of content it also stops any Youtube access. When I was testing it, the parental controls were timed to be 'off'.... I guess that when I was having the issues they were enabled and therefore it couldn't access the Admob / Firebase services... Arghhhhghghgh!!! Sorry!! It's almost laughable if it hadn't taken up so much time and effort and chopping and changing of code, SDKs, Libraries, B4A versions and so on..

Upvote 0