Android Question RTSP support in new ExoPlayer Library Update

david7374

Hello to all
It's been almost a month since a new update to the ExoPlayer library was made.

According to the description, this version is taken from ExoPlayer 2.13.3.
The list of changes in this version is given below.

One of these changes is RTSP support, which is described in the GitHub description.
But I could not get a response from the new version and display RTSP-based links with ExoPlayer.

Below is an RTSP link that works in other players.
rtsp: //wowzaec2demo.streamlock.net/vod/mp4: BigBuckBunny_175k.mov

Although in the existing version according to the description given, the link has to be play by ExoPlayer.
what is the problem?

JohnC

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Is that URL proper?

I see spaces in it after the colons, plus I never saw a URL with a colon after the domain name that wasn't specifying a port number.

Upvote 0

david7374

This is the correct address in this site

However, according to the available document, ExoPlayer in this version must support RTSP.
There seems to be a problem with wrap the library or there is such a problem.

Upvote 0

JohnC

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I am trying to use this library with the below hardware video encoder for a remote controlled video app:

But the only format that both the encoder and Exoplayer support is HLS. However, I can't use HLS because is has an encoding delay of 7-8 seconds.

This delay is a deal breaker because the user is be able to remote control the HDMI source, so having to wait 7-8 seconds is too long to see the result of a command they send. For example, if the user clicks "Fast Forward", this will tell the video source to begin FF. And when using the HLS format, the user won't start to see the video go into FF mode until 7-8 seconds later. So, this delay will make it impossible for the user to click "Play" at the desired spot in the video.

However, the above decoder also supports RTSP, and if I use it with a VLC player, the encoding delay is less than a second - making it very workable with interactive control of the video source because the user will almost instantly see the results of their commands.

So, I hope RTSP support can be added to this library soon :)

Upvote 0