iOS Question Run application in background

hatzisn

Licensed User
Longtime User
Dear all,

How is this done? I am looking for something that would resemble the b4a service (start and run even when the application is suspended or closed (two cases).

Thanks in advance

jahswant

Licensed User
Longtime User
You’re posting on the wrong forum. Try push notifications. Firebase. When it arrives resume your service as needed.

Upvote 0

hatzisn

Licensed User
Longtime User
I posted in iOS questions. I thought it would be appropriate, isn'it? Can you be a little more specific about this implementation? Who sends the notification f.e.? Please be as specific as you can because I am a 3-day only owner of b4i and being used in b4a I see a tone of differences in the two OSs and related development tools.

Upvote 0

jahswant

Licensed User
Longtime User
You cannot start an app in iOS while in background if user terminated your app. If your app is in back use push to order a task. For android check this

Upvote 0

hatzisn

Licensed User
Longtime User
@ilan Thank you Ilan, pretty informative...

@Erel What I was looking for has to do with detecting bluetooth v4.0 (I think it's BLE) devices and run a code at device detection. I searched the NET and came up with this for the UIBackgroundModes

Declaration
-----------------
[string] UIBackgroundModes

Possible Values
-----------------
audio
external-accessory
bluetooth-central
bluetooth-peripheral

fetch
remote-notification

I suppose I could exploit the red values and the iBLE library... I have four questions about this:
1) I wanted to ask where it is used the always-use-location description (does it display somewhere?) you have added in the thread that Ilan posted.
2) Also how can I spot the corresponding values for the other UIBackgroundModes Values (or are they constructed with the same logic as location) ?
3) I also suppose fetch can be used to download with iHttp and iHttpUtils in background... Am I right?
4) If I want to exploit two of these methods f.e. bluetooth-periferal & fetch I suppose I will add two UIBackgroundModes and four "descriptions"... Right?

Upvote 0