Android Question Runtime Permissions

Spright

Hi, I will try describe my problem without code this time as the code is a mess and unpresentable.
I have two versions of the same appbase, still they behae very differently with runtime persmissions I lost the requester in the new version despite the code looks very similiar. I have the same files the same manifest, everything is the sane except the Main.bas is exact the same. To make sure of this I tried to copy and paste the main.bas code from eachother to eachother and the working one stopped working and non-working started working.

So main.bas code is oot blame. But i can't see what it is? What can stop a permission requester that's not direclty related to it?

The handler is the same, and I ask for permission in the same place? Still one version never get the question and therefore gets denied, and the other version always works and startsup with a request for permission.

Withotu seeing 2000+ lines of code in each version, is there soemthing that can create this situation with runtime permissions?

Spright

Thanks! It was my stupid mistake, I missed this part from the original version. Without it will run fine but automatically deny permissions.

I also have a version for Android 10 and up where I can avoid external. This was not the issue though I dont need permissions at all as I use Contentchooser which seem to be built on intents internally.

B4X:
Sub chooser_Result (Success As Boolean, Dir As String, FileName As String)
    If Success Then
        Dim out As OutputStream = File.OpenOutput(File.DirRootExternal, "dst.png", False)
        File.Copy2(File.OpenInput(     File.DirInternal, "temp.png") , out)
        out.Close
    Else
        ToastMessageShow("No image selected", True)
    End If
End Sub

Upvote 0