Android Code Snippet Sample Splash Screen

As requested by Fhren Meza after seeing a sample video I posted on YouTube, here is a sample splash screen. In the end I abandoned the transparent background with fade to black because the very top title bar area always looks a little ametuerish. Anyhow, please see the attached project if wanting to re-create the look shown here...

Attachments

• SplashDemo.zip
    77.9 KB · Views: 1,682

LucaMs

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Very nice, @RandomCoder.

It needs a little correction:
upload_2016-9-30_10-20-32.png

nico78

Licensed User
Longtime User
Thanks RandomCoder,

I slightly modified the code for have the imageview transparency and the proper positioning of the image, see the attached file.

Attachments

• SplashScreen.zip
    79 KB · Views: 1,594

RandomCoder

Licensed User
Longtime User
Thanks @nico78 I'm only just starting to use the designer and often over constrain things as shown by @LucaMs
I only posted this because of a request made on YouTube, it's just meant as a simple starting point. Thanks for improving ;)

Kirk Grayson

Licensed User
As requested by Fhren Meza after seeing a sample video I posted on YouTube, here is a sample splash screen. In the end I abandoned the transparent background with fade to black because the very top title bar area always looks a little ametuerish. Anyhow, please see the attached project if wanting to re-create the look shown here...
I don't know if its appropriate just to post to say thanks, But THANKS, this really helped me. Appreciated.

rkmoray

Licensed User
Longtime User
I like your splash screen, but when it is finished and my main screen loads, the splash logo is still visible.
How did I hide frmSplash?

RandomCoder

Licensed User
Longtime User
I like your splash screen, but when it is finished and my main screen loads, the splash logo is still visible.
How did I hide frmSplash?
Sorry for the slow reply, I only saw your post this morning and was not near a computer.
The easiest way is just to remove all the views from the Activity. The intention with this splash screen demo was that users would load their own Activities or Layouts once the splash had completed, but if you wish to remove teh splash image from the Activity you can do it like this....
B4X:
Sub Splash_End
    tmrSplashFade.Enabled = False
    Activity.RemoveAllViews
End Sub

achtrade

Licensed User
Longtime User
This is working fine in my tablet LG G pad F 8.0 but the splash image is to small for the screen. How can I do to make the image proportional to the screen ?

RandomCoder

Licensed User
Longtime User
I'm not in front of a PC at the moment (using a tablet), but if I recall correctly the image is loaded in the designer making it easy to select a new image or you could use anchors or a script to size the image as needed for different sized screens.