Android Question Unwanted loop splash screen and getRecord via jRDC

Hi,
if was busy trying to use the splash screen together with getting data via jRDC, but it goes in to a loop.
To test the same behaviour:
Take the sample script of https://www.b4x.com/android/forum/threads/b4x-b4xpages-splash-screen.120851/
and add the client part of this https://www.b4x.com/android/forum/t...-rdc-remote-database-connector.61801/#content
then when requesting the GetRecord in the sub Activity_Create, the app will start looping between the Splash screen and main screen.

So I've searched the forum and most probably it has to do with Resumable subs (activity Resume on Activity2 module) and using sleep in the Sub ShowSplashScreen?
How do I solve this? do I need to use a Waitfor somewhere?
I have no idea why it calls the splash screen again and then Activity2.

Thanks for any help.

It's quite confusing where to put code. Even when I read the guides. I read the Main is where it all starts, then I read the Starter. I tried it before in the B4XMain and it did not work. In main the communication worked. But I'm convinced I'm doing something wrong learning B4X, I'm trying to comprehend the workings coming from another IDE. I will try it out. Thanks!

Upvote 0

josejad

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
To test the same behaviour:
It will be easier for someone to help you if you upload your project. This way, someone could test it.
People like to help, but we have to make easier to be helped. If you ask someone to take the time to download the two examples, put them together, and get the same error than you, is less probably someone make the effort.
But if you upload your project and explain the error, it's likely someone test it and modify it.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

josejad

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
To export a project, you should use "File->Export" in a regular B4A project.
In a B4XPages, you should use the link you will see at the beginning of B4XMainPage

B4X:
'Ctrl + click to sync files: ide://run?file=%WINDIR%\System32\Robocopy.exe&args=..\..\Shared+Files&args=..\Files&FilesSync=True

You should press that link, and upload the zip created in the folder

Upvote 0
Hmmm, I like to create a manual copy of files I'm going to work on (I know there is an automatic backup I saw, but I have no control).
But due to that it is a B4X, there is only 1 B4XMainPage, which first I did not notice. So when I changed something in the Splash project on the B4XMainpage it was also changed in the Splash-getdata project. I understand now for crossplatform this is logical, but if it's not clear at the start...
Attached the zip.

Attachments

• Project-Splash-GetData.zip
    69.8 KB · Views: 133
Upvote 0