B4J Question SAP ERP ECC 6.07 Connectivity with external systems

vfafou

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hello!
I have a customer request for connection between SAP and external systems like an application I have made in B4J.
The customer needs to do this in-house in order to get rid of SAP transaction charges.
I haven't have any experience with SAP ecosystem.
Does anyone have experience with such functionality?

DonManfred

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
As far as i know/think you need to write a wrapper for a java SAP-Connector with java first. You need some java-knowledge though.

Upvote 0

vfafou

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hello @DonManfred! Thank you for your response!
I asked my customer a few minutes ago and they told me that they ideally want to do it via REST API. The problem is that they don't know which SAP modules have to be installed/enabled to consume REST APIs from SAP. Their SAP CONSULTANT don't give them the solution to do it!

Upvote 0

thinktank

its not so easy in SAP to create and implement a web service/REST API. You will need help from ABAP Consultant who will create a REST API with the help of TCodes: SE24 (Class builder), SICF for web service activation/deactivation and setting resource provider... In TCode SE24 he need to implement two classes one for Resource Handler and one for Resource Provider. The Resource Provider class will have ABAP source code which will read data from backend SAP server and transpose it to JSON and resource provider will send back this data to client... That's it

The data returned by API will be parsed by your B4A/B4J program and will be displayed to the user...

best regards

Upvote 0

thinktank

its not so easy in SAP to create and implement a web service/REST API. You will need help from ABAP Consultant who will create a REST API with the help of TCodes: SE24 (Class builder), SICF for web service activation/deactivation and setting resource handler... In TCode SE24 he need to implement two classes one for Resource Handler and one for Resource Provider. The Resource Provider class will have ABAP source code which will read data from backend SAP server and transpose it to JSON and resource handler will send back this data to the client... That's it

The data returned by API will be parsed by your B4A/B4J program and will be displayed to the user...

best regards
Sorry there was some mistake in my previous post, which I corrected and underlined.

Upvote 0

virpalacios

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hello!
I have a customer request for connection between SAP and external systems like an application I have made in B4J.
The customer needs to do this in-house in order to get rid of SAP transaction charges.
Hi, Hello, I have some experience with SAP B1 (Bussiness One - Hana Based ERP). I integrate my sales mobile app (B4A) with Sap Hana B1 using SAP Service Layer. Integrating with BAJ is very recommended, I did it first on VS C# and it was a pain.

If this is your case let me know so I can explain you to get a cookie credential (logon) in order to call order services

Best Regards

Virgilio

Upvote 0

vfafou

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi, Hello, I have some experience with SAP B1 (Bussiness One - Hana Based ERP). I integrate my sales mobile app (B4A) with Sap Hana B1 using SAP Service Layer. Integrating with BAJ is very recommended, I did it first on VS C# and it was a pain.

If this is your case let me know so I can explain you to get a cookie credential (logon) in order to call order services

Best Regards

Virgilio
Hello Virgilio!

Thank you very much for your response!
My case is that I have to consume a B4J REST API from SAP, without having to pay charges for such transactions and, of course, I have to learn how could SAP consume REST APIs and parse the data received.
Any help or tip is highly appreciated!

Best Regards!

Upvote 0

tchart

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hello!
As others have mentioned SAP integration is an entire industry; SAP is expensive, integration is expensive, SAP developers are expensive. It make me wonder why people choose SAP and then complain about the cost...

Anyway. It depends on what you are trying to do. There are simple and hard ways to do this.

An easy way is to use other products to do integration eg Integromat, Zapier;

This is useful if you want to trigger object creation eg master some data in your app and then push to SAP once ready (eg create a sales order). These are very simple to use through webhooks and you dont need any SAP components in your app.

The hard way is of course to use SAP developers and spends lots of money.

Upvote 0

thinktank

Hello Virgilio!

Thank you very much for your response!
My case is that I have to consume a B4J REST API from SAP, without having to pay charges for such transactions and, of course, I have to learn how could SAP consume REST APIs and parse the data received.
Any help or tip is highly appreciated!

Best Regards!

For this you need ABAP programming skills in order to consume foreign REST Api, there are plenty of demos on youtube, watch this;

best regards

Upvote 0

Charly68

Licensed User

Best Regards

Virgilio
Hello Virgilio,
I have been trying to use SAP B1 service layer without success for a long time.
I would be very grateful if you could share some tips with me.
Thank you very much in advance!
Carlos

Upvote 0

virpalacios

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi Carlos and Everyone, Good Night, first let me explain the first part.
1) SAP B1 Hana - ServiceLayer Framework work with a two key validation process.
2) First you submit your user, password and database credentials to the service.
3) if everthing is ok you get a token value and a node value (node is like a server address for load balancing).
4) this token has a timeout value of 30 mins (if you dont use it for 30 minutes it is going to expire, so you need to go to step 2 to get a new one)

What we need to start

1) Your SAP B1 url for login service example: https://sap-bo-srvl-mtd.skyinserver.net:50000/b1s/v1/Login, it is very espefic for your installation
2) SAP User, SAP Password and Database Name
Example:
"CompanyDB": "SBO_C781_DB8_TST9",
"Password": "ahorayes01",
"UserName": "[email protected]"

Please get and check this info with your SAP consultant or IT Department, if you get it done I will share how to call this service and get the token (B4J programming of course).

Best Regards

Virgilio

Upvote 0

Charly68

Licensed User
Hello Virgilio and Everyone!
I have already this information. I have managed to connect to the service layer using C# and Visual Studio but it's very complex for me and far exceeds my knowledge. It would be fantastic to use B4J...
Thank you very much for your great help!
Best regards,
Carlos

Upvote 0

DarkoT

Licensed User
Hi,
just to give you additional information.. SAP has many possibilities how to exchange data with external systems (from WEB services to IDocs, direct Sql access, ...). In any case you will need to contact SAP integrator or SAP consultant(s). From my experience any connection from external system to SAP will be covered with 1 SAP licence (means - it's will be extra cost for client)...

Hope you will find a best solution...

Upvote 0