Android Question Save Database in Cloud

Lyndon Bermoy

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi. I wanted to ask if you have a sample code or library that sends data from database to cloud. It will send data to the database and will retrieve in cloud later on. Can you help me? Please. I really need it..

DonManfred

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
i think it depends on what you want to do.
If you just want to put the hole hole database on cloud then you can
- Upload your databasebase to Dropbox, Google Drive, FTP or whatever "your cloud" is...

But if you want just a subset of the database to inserted in a database you need to build your own solution. For example with an RDC (RemoteDatabaseConnector).

As you see we cannot give congrete advices without knowing what exactly you want to archieve.

Upvote 0

Lyndon Bermoy

Licensed User
Longtime User
Thanks for your answer :) This solution might be the answer to my problem " - Upload your databasebase to Dropbox, Google Drive, FTP or whatever "your cloud" is..."

Do you have a dropbox library or a tutorial for that?

Upvote 0

Lyndon Bermoy

Licensed User
Longtime User
Thanks! I have one more question, how will you connect the same database on basic4android and the server in pc? Because most of them are in MySQL connection which I am not familiar to this. I am only familiar to SQL Server 2000 (VB.NET or VB6 as frontend) and SQLite(Basic4Android).

Upvote 0

DonManfred

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I have one more question, how will you connect the same database on basic4android and the server in pc?
this will NOT work with Dropbox, FTP and so on...

What work is:
- Download the database from dropbox. Edit things. Upload back to dropbox.
- this on PC and App the same...

What you need is a running RDC which connects to the database on that pc. Search for RDC and/or RemoteDatabaseconnector

Upvote 0