Android Question Saving settings from one device to another

trueboss323

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hello , I am currently looking for ways where it would be convenient to have user data synced across multiple devices. Especially if they change a device they wouldn't lose all their settings. I am currently using Statamanager library to save settings. So for instance

B4X:
Statemanager.SetSetting("highscore", "12345")

Saves a score on their device. But when a user gets a new phone, that score is gone. 1 solution I thought is doing Cloud saving , where it checks to see if device is logged into a google account, then saves settings there. When they reinstall it will automatically retrieve them. So i am wondering if there is a better library or another method to manage this

Last edited:

KMatle

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Upvote 0

trueboss323

Licensed User
Longtime User
This requirement means that you need to authenticate the user. Check FirebaseAuth + Firebase Storage.

If i use the Firebase storage library to upload the user's settings, is it going to store settings for each individual user or for all users? Because I dont want one user to have another user's settings.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

trueboss323

Licensed User
Longtime User
Yes (see FirebaseStorage tutorial).

That is expected.

Thanks Erel , my other question as i mentioned in another thread is if there is a better library you would recommend for saving settings of various data types and allows me to upload its configuration files to Firebase storage?

Upvote 0
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…