Say Hello to OpenCV for B4A

moster67

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Very nice!

So you decided to use OpenCV instead of JavaCV at the end?
Does your library require the OpenCV-app or are you including the native libs?
Enough questions....Look forward to trying it later on

JordiCP

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Very nice!

So you decided to use OpenCV instead of JavaCV at the end?
Does your library require the OpenCV-app or are you including the native libs?
Enough questions....Look forward to trying it later on
Thanks! :)

Yes, It is OpenCv 3.20, with built-in native libs. Right now for armeabi-v7a and arm64-v8
There are a lot of methods to test yet, and a couple of modules which will need a harder work, as native camera. Example video is just CameraEx example with a few added lines

The modules available will be exactly those of OpenCV for android API, which are a more than enough for most of the needs/users

JordiCP

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Great !! Could it work on B4J also ?
Hi inakigarm :)

Not this one, since some modules depend on android and native libraries are built for arm.
But as the API must be (no idea, just guessing) quite the same, I think it will be possible to do something similar for B4J

moster67

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Great !! Could it work on B4J also ?
@inakigarm
As @JordiCP wrote, it's a huge library (more like a framework) but it's already possible to use it with B4J. You could target just certain functionality and wrap necessary code for that functionality (guess you could use JavaObject/inlineJava too). I posted a video some time ago showing face-recognition doing just that.

wonder

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Thank you, thank you, thank you so much!! This opens so many possibilities, I'm really looking forward to see it released! :)

By the way, are you using (or used) the NLG at any point?

JordiCP

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Thank you, thank you, thank you so much!! This opens so many possibilities, I'm really looking forward to see it released! :)

By the way, are you using (or used) the NLG at any point?
Thanks wonder :). Indeed, a new world of possibilities, only limited by imagination (and programming it, of course)

Unfortunately, not. I have used the already pre-built binaries for the current approach. Now I am making some experiments building the SDK again in order to learn more about the modules included in case I ever need to customize something

moster67

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Would it be feasible to write some sort of camera based motion capture?
Well, I think that is exactly what @JordiCP is showing in the last video. You see the camera which is captioning the movements of the two objects. Before that you set up a configuration which determines what is the criteria of the object recognition(color, shape...)

wonder

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Well, I think that is exactly what @JordiCP is showing in the last video. You see the camera which is captioning the movements of the two objects. Before that you set up a configuration which determines what is the criteria of the object recognition(color, shape...)
True, so with the right markers in the right places (hands, elbows, chin, knees...) we could animate a stick figure! That's pretty cool!!!

moster67

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
There are various "filters" one could apply but many of them require that you train them by furnishing lots of data....
If one could do what you suggested, I am not 100 % sure but it might be possible...

inakigarm

Licensed User
Longtime User
@inakigarm
As @JordiCP wrote, it's a huge library (more like a framework) but it's already possible to use it with B4J. You could target just certain functionality and wrap necessary code for that functionality (guess you could use JavaObject/inlineJava too). I posted a video some time ago showing face-recognition doing just that.
I've searched for your post but couldn't find it; can you send me the link?