Share My Creation SCalculator

This is my first real application with B4A, and for sure it is not well optimized and does not use the new capabilities of this SW, but it works.

It was written while thinking of my purchased device which is 7'' (and will only be here in two weeks :(), and the layout is too crowded for smaller devices - my appologies.
It has a layout for landscape but I didn't bother to save the calculations while rotating it.

I attach a user manual which describes a similar calculator in B4PPC, the layout is different but not the functionality.

I do want to get comments on the programming and to learn from them.

Edit: updated to ver. 2 - immune to rotation and with less bugs...
Edit: Version 2.3, It has a Macro (recording and playing of series of operations) and some more functions, but complex calculations were removed. Added VScalculator that fits phones showing vertical display, with operation manual. The functionality is the same in both applications.
Edit: ver 2.4 added. It uses beta 4.0 and the additions are borders and some animations.

Attachments

• VS_operation.zip
    6.9 KB · Views: 619
  • Vscreen.png
    Vscreen.png
    83.2 KB · Views: 5,570
  • scalculator2.3.png
    scalculator2.3.png
    123.2 KB · Views: 752
  • VScalculator2.3.zip
    85.8 KB · Views: 681
  • VScalculator2.4.zip
    86.1 KB · Views: 783
  • Scalculator2.3.zip
    97.1 KB · Views: 625
Last edited:

Roger Daley

Licensed User
Longtime User
Derez,

I see we have a small miscommunication.
When I said: "It installed on an S5 OK but the emulator didn't it size very well. See attached jpg, sorry to be the messenger of bad news."
I didn't mean to imply that the Emulator was also S5. Sorry about the confusion.

Regards Roger

derez

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
ver 2.4 added, just to show some of b4a 4.0 new methods. The additions are borders and some animations.

ELCHARO

Licensed User
Longtime User
Derez & Cia.

I like your calc. I need a activity to enter data and you give an idea howto.

For this reason i share mi vision too.

1- Button that use long click and how create, (see pic, and read a little tip in source)
Using: panel+button+text(transparent+top)
2- Using a +-*/ to go to for example read variable o change units.
HOW: first + insert + , but if the next key is + again, (++,--,//,**) change to a quick insert, or process you like.

I think if follow this tips, clean, optimize size and space and create a better interface.

"Make a program are easy, the dificult is make easy to use"

Sorry my inglish, luck whith your project.

Ricardo

Attachments

• BUTTON.png
    BUTTON.png
    3.5 KB · Views: 244
  • BT_DEMO.zip
    12.1 KB · Views: 267
Last edited: