Android Tutorial Running B4A and B4J under Linux with wine - fully functional

Mihai Rainer Jr.

Licensed User
Step 1 states to use Wine 3.18 (1. Install last development version of Wine (3.18) - x86 version_ NOT Wine 4.0 stable i386.

There is still the problem with installing winetricks:
When I install winetricks from Ubuntu repos, it then brings in 3.0.1 versions of various Wine packages e.g. wine-stable. "wine --version" then shows wine-3.0. I think that this causes a problem when I try to install b4a.exe to run under Wine as running B4A gives an error window as in attached file. Is there a version of winetricks which will not cause the installation of these 3.0.1 wine packages?
Did not faced this issue. I have followed the exact above (edited) procedure after reinstalling my laptop.
More than that, today I have installed B4J 7.00 in another container, since I need it for GUI app development on Raspberry Pi (which, by the way, is working great with Liberica - JDK 11), using Raspbian Stretch Lite, without starting X server, because I need it for a kiosk project.
After adding winehq repository and installing wine 4.0 (stable), you may check the winetricks repository and dependencies with:
~#apt-cache showpkg winetricks

welu1805

Licensed User
B4A V 8.80 as registered version now runs under my Linux! B4A Bridge runs too!

B4J V 7.00 runs too!

Great!

My configuration: Ubuntu 18.04 Mate 32 bit, wine 4.0, wine configured as Windows 7.

stanks

Licensed User
hello

i was successfull in first 10, but 11 is totally unclear to me. which uninstaller? in which window? which app? unclear 100% any help on that?

stanks

Licensed User
jdk v8 for windows fails to install. i get error msg box with two squares in it :) (unicode?) you meant jdk windows version?

mplx

Licensed User
Great guide, thanks!

One thing to note: adb versions must be the same for linux and windows, otherwise the linux adb will be killed by the windows one...

adb server version (40) doesn't match this client (41); killing...

Mihai Rainer Jr.

Licensed User
Great guide, thanks!

One thing to note: adb versions must be the same for linux and windows, otherwise the linux adb will be killed by the windows one...
Not necessarily. I am running B4J_bridge on Linux and connect IDE to localhost. Then, everything runs smoothly, and does not care about adb version difference. I am doing this, mainly because I am using applications with serial ports communication and it is not a straightforward task to add them to wine :)

Rinzwind

Licensed User
I tried to get B4j working in latest CrossOver under Catalina. It kind of starts, but theres some bad menu flashing every second or so. Those 3 tabs at the topright keep being hilited and also weird hilite stuff of current active code procedure name... :( Needed several tries from scratch to get it working and it wont start in one of the bottle templates that already include several libs and stuff.

fat32

I have managed to follow the steps and install B4A in Lubuntu 18.10. Everything is working except when i try to connect the Designer to the app. Even if in the left-down corner says that is connected and the command "Restart ADB server" seems to work... the designer can't connect. It spits out this error msg:

Bash:
System.Exception: adb.exe F 02-16 14:20:10   138   139 sysdeps_win32.cpp:2678] _wenviron is not set, did you link with -municode?
I noticed that B4E, tries to find the adb.exe inside the "platform-tools" dir. My linux version of adb, works fine and finds the device connected. But the windows one, doesn't. Any ideas?