Share My Creation Screen Shield (Touch Filter)

hi

while i am working on a new game for ios i took a short break to make this tool.

i did it for my own needs but then i decided why not upload to GP?! :rolleyes:

so what it does is very simple you can disable any touch on your screen so no unwanted touches happens.
like while you are watching a video or while you are using youtube app and need to put it in your pocket to keep listen to the song and as you know youtube wont work in background so this is a very good solution for that problem.

Screen Shield will allow you to disable (filter) any touch on your screen by clicking on a single floating button to ensure any unwanted touch will not occur while you watch a video or listen to your music.

No more unwanted touches on your screen after putting it in your pocket or bag.

You can even let your kids watch a video on your phone and secure the Turn Off button with a Password.

It's a really simple and very needed tool so download it now for Free!

link: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=www.sagital.scrshield

scr1b4a.png scr2b4a.png

EDIT: Please download, try it and if you like it don't forget to rate it ;)

sz4t4n

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi,

galaxy a5 2017 android 6 works OK
Xiaomi mi5 android 7 -> i need to manually add persmision in phone settings to display "windows on the screen" after that everythig seems to be OK.

Nice looking app Good Job !

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi,

galaxy a5 2017 android 6 works OK
Xiaomi mi5 android 7 -> i need to manually add persmision in phone settings to display "windows on the screen" after that everythig seems to be OK.

Nice looking app Good Job !

great, thank you for testing.
i have a small question please, on your Xiaomi mi5 if you have not added that permission to allow floating windows and you install my app what happen when you click on the icon?

Nothing? or do you get a warning to enable Floating windows on the screen to be able to use that app?

thank you

JordiCP

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Nice one!! 4.5 Stars ..ok, 5.:D

Just some comments:
It would be nice to restore the previous brightness setting when shield is off
Also, when screen goes off and on, the shield disappears. Don't know if it is made on purpose.

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
It would be nice to restore the previous brightness setting when shield is off

yes i was also thinking about it. will do it soon.

Also, when screen goes off and on, the shield disappears. Don't know if it is made on purpose.

on my phone it doesnot disappear. strange o_O

only if you enter the settings page it disappear but not when screen goes off. maybe you have enabled "dont keep activities in background?" in the developer settings?

JordiCP

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
No, I don't have it active.
I think it is up to the OS to kill it. I guess that you need to start the service in foreground and provide a notification icon (there are floating button apps that work without that icon, but some of them let you choose if you want it or not).

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
No, I don't have it active.
I think it is up to the OS to kill it. I guess that you need to start the service in foreground and provide a notification icon (there are floating button apps that work without that icon, but some of them let you choose if you want it or not).

actually the whole idea is to use this app when the screen is on.
so doing it with a foreground or sticky service is something that i would like to avoid since there is no real use for that.

you start the service very quickly by clicking on the button so i think its good enough even if in some devices it will be killed in the background when screen is off.

i use it while my youtube app is open and i need to put my phone in my pocket. i always had the problem that it start changing the vids or clicking on the ads...

now i can avoid it... btw while mentioning AD'S i could make only a specific area untouchable like the area of an ad :rolleyes:
so when my kids play a game i could put the shield above the banner and like this the kid wont click on the banner.

of course i can not promote it that way, google will not like it but i could add an option to set the untouched area as a rect! i will add this function if the app get some installs and will show some potential.

ps: i have updated the app to v0.3. now the brightness of the phone is saved and when you enable low brightness it will return to the original brightness you had before.

sz4t4n

Licensed User
Longtime User
btw how do You block touch event in main screen? ( if it's not a secret :))

rscheel

Licensed User
Longtime User
Excellent estimate, but should consider starting the application without full screen, greetings.

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
btw how do You block touch event in main screen? ( if it's not a secret :))

the main screen is closed on start. the whole thing it does is loading the service.

the touches are catched by a big floating window ;)

Excellent estimate, but should consider starting the application without full screen, greetings.

do you mean the settings Screen?

rscheel

Licensed User
Longtime User
the main screen is closed on start. the whole thing it does is loading the service.

the touches are catched by a big floating window ;)

do you mean the settings Screen?

If I refer to the settings screen.