Scren Designer

aklisiewicz

Licensed User
Longtime User
I'm a beginner here, so perhaps I'm not used to certain behaviors of the product.
Anyway - I would like to request few changes/features:

1) either add or change the way the designed switches among different screens, so they do not overlap each other. I see there is a BRING TO FRONT button but using this button all the time is very anoying. I would rather have it working the way that when I switch the object in the Designer this object comes up on top automatically (and if the object belongs to a screen it will bring up the whole screen to the top). This perhaps would require to group objects like buttons, fields etc. and assign them to specific screen.

2) UN-DO feature. If I mess up my layout I can easily change it back

3) optimize the Designer screen so it takes as little space on the screen as possible (the margins, white space, minimum window size, etc.). change "Top Most" label to "Stay On Top" (as it is more obvious this way what it does)

4) ability to rearange several controls at time (hold CTRL-Select, then move, remove etc.)

5) ability to align controls (i.e line up Prompts verticaly etc.)

I would say most of the are minor priority, but the first one is for me pretty important (No.1)

Arthur

Last edited:

Cynikal

Licensed User
Longtime User
I personally would like to see a mock up of the UI on my PC, versus over the phone.

Like, have them both...

Reasoning:

It's easier to click and drag with my mouse to size, and place...

than it is with my fingers.

(I Realize I can use the Emulator, and even punch in the numbers manually... but still)