Scrollbar bugs in controlex

kolbe

Licensed User
Longtime User
Two things that don´t seem right with the scrollbar object.

First, on the PC, the scrollbar object looks different than the scrollbars included in other objects, for example the textbox. The icons for the arrows and the scroll bar on other objects are shadowed and look nicer. The icons in the scrollbar object are very simple. This looks odd when you combine the two on the same form. This is not the case on the device.

Second, scrollbar.maximum seems to be affected by the value you place in scrollbar.largechange. For example if I set the max to 100 and the largechange to 10, scrollbar.value only reaches 91. If I set largechange to 1 then scrollbar.value will go to 100. If I set largechange to 2 scrollbar.value goes to 99.

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User

agraham

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Think of the length of the scrollbar representing the entire length of some text, then think of the slider as representing the part of the page currently visible. As the page grows the size of the slider shortens as a smaller percentage of the text is visible.

The scrollbar value is the position of the top of the slider that is why the max value is less than the size of the scrollbar. The large change value is the size of the slider.

kolbe

Licensed User
Longtime User
Think of the length of the scrollbar representing the entire length of some text, then think of the slider as representing the part of the page currently visible. As the page grows the size of the slider shortens as a smaller percentage of the text is visible.

The scrollbar value is the position of the top of the slider that is why the max value is less than the size of the scrollbar. The large change value is the size of the slider.

Wow, thanks, that helps. The philosophy of a scrollbar! :)