scrolling labels

Fox

Licensed User
Longtime User
is it possible to make a scrolling label like an credit box??

Shadow&Max

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi again... yes, I played with that for a bit, and it seems it'll do what I need it to do BUT... it's inconsistent. Sometimes it scrolls, sometimes it doesn't, all with the same call. I'd also like to be able to control the scrolling speed.

Klaus... Any ideas here? Even in your marquee java object demo (linked to above), it only scrolls once, sometimes not at all. The second time you run the app, it definitely doesn't scroll at all. I've tried it on both the Genymotion emulator and my Moto-X.

It seems it's just not triggering the scroll part. The text of course shows, but doesn't move. Is there something that should be released or cleared?

Yes, it's a single line label that it's being output to...

Upvote 0

klaus

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
What do you mean with sometimes it scrolls.
When you click on the button it scrolls only when you see MARQUEE.
I havent found a possibility to change the speed.
The number of scrolling is by default three times.
If you want it to scroll indefinetly you must set the marquee limit to -1.

Upvote 0

Shadow&Max

Licensed User
Longtime User
I've got it set to -1 Klaus...

What button? In your example, I don't see any buttons. However, if I run the app, then get out, remove it from the recent list, and run it again, it doesn't scroll in the Marquee part. I can make a little video if you'd like to demonstrate what I'm talking about.

Upvote 0

Shadow&Max

Licensed User
Longtime User
I added a button to your sample project (LabelEllipsize) and that seems to trigger it again. However, when the app opens, it doesn't always scroll in the marquee section...

Now, I've got to figure out why in my own code it doesn't move.

Going to research speed as well...

Upvote 0